66

Faline's eyes open and she finds herself with her head in Stiles' lap. Said boy had his head tilted backward, mouth open. Faline was shrouded in Stiles' hoodie, the boy giving it to her after she began to shiver. But what made Faline smile was the fact that their hands were still linked together. Faline jumps when the doors open and Coach speaks up, staring at the five teenagers.

"I don't wanna know," Coach says, shaking his head as all of the students stare at the five in the bus. "I really don't wanna know. But in case you missed the announcement, the meet's canceled, we're heading home. Pack it in. Pack it in!"

Ethan sits next to Scott as Faline ties up her hair to keep it out of her face.

"I don't know what happened last night," Ethan says, looking between Scott, Stiles, and Faline. "But I'm pretty sure you saved my life"

"Actually I saved your life," Stiles says, poking his head between the two wolves. "But not that it matters much. It's a minor detail"

"So I'm gonna give you something," Ethan says. "We're pretty sure Derek's still alive-"

"What's the but?" Faline asks, looking at the teenage Alpha.

"But he killed one of ours," Ethan says. "That means one of two things can happen. Either he joins our pack-"

"And kills his own" Scott says.

"Or Kali goes after him and we kill him," Ethan says. "That's the way it works"

"You know your little code of ethics there is sort of barbaric" Stiles says. "Just FYI"

"Hey, Ethan-"

"Coach, can I see your whistle for a second?" Lydia asks, taking it from around Coach's neck.

"Hey, I'm gonna need that back" Coach says.

Allison, Faline, Scott, and Stiles watch as Lydia blows into the whistle before showing purple and green powder on her hand.

"Wolfsbane" Lydia says. "And Artemisia"

"Every time Coach blew the whistle on the bus," Stiles says. "Faline, Scott, Isaac, Boyd-"

"And Ethan," Lydia says.

"We all inhaled it," Scott says.

"You were all poisoned by it," Allison says.

"So that's how the darach got in their heads," Stiles says. "That's how he did it"

Stiles snatches the whistle from Lydia's hand before leaning over Faline's head and opening the window before launching the whistle as far away as possible.

"STILINSKI!" Coach shouts. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

"I'm a hooligan," Stiles says with a shrug.

Faline walks into her empty house and halts when she hears thudding upstairs. Faline grabs a baseball bat Stiles had left when they had decided to play baseball in the backyard. Faline walks up the stairs slowly, the bat raised above her head. A person rounds the corner and Faline wings the bat, connecting it with the side of their head. The person falls to the floor, clutching their head.

"Ow shit Faline!"

"Derek?" Faline asks and the man looks up, his hand pressed to his head.

Faline allows the bat to fall from her fingers and onto the floor as she helps Derek up before throwing her arms around him.

"You scared the living shit out of me you asshole," Faline says as Derek holds her tightly.

"Jennifer helped me," Derek says, pulling back and looking down at her.

"Miss Blake, the English teacher?" Faline asks and Derek nods with a small smile.

"I think I might be falling in love with her," Derek says and Faline's eyebrows rise in shock.

"Wow, Derek. That's- That's great" Faline says, rubbing the back of her neck.

"What?" Derek asks, looking at the younger girl.

"It's nothing," Faline says.

"It's obviously something," Derek says.

"She gives me a bad vibe," Faline says. "I think she might be the darach"

"An English teacher is spending her free time murdering her students?" Derek scoffs and Faline nods.

"It sounds stupid," Faline says. "But just be careful, please?"

Derek nods his head.

"Ethan spoke to us," Faline says. "Ennis died. Which means you either have to join the Alpha pack or Kali is going to kill you"

"But if I join the Alpha pack-" Derek begins and Faline nods.

"You have to kill your own pack," Faline says. "Take the portion of power you gave them when you bit them and you absorb it, becoming more powerful. But they will also make you kill Cora and Peter"

"But I didn't turn them"

"But they are part of your pack," Faline says. "Are you hungry? I'm going to order Chinese, want anything in particular?"

"Shrimp fried rice," Derek says and Faline nods.

"Alright," Faline says, grabbing her phone.