80

Faline is awoken by Stiles shooting up gasping for air.

"You okay?" Faline asks. "Stiles?"

"I was just dreaming. It was weird it was like a dream within a dream"

"A nightmare?"

"Yeah"

Stiles rubs the hand that was on his knee before he looks up at Faline. Her throat was open and bleeding but she smiled at him comfortingly. Stiles' head snaps up when his bedroom door creaks open.

"Hang on"

"Stiles where are you going?"

"I should close the door," Stiles says.

"Just go back to sleep," Faline says.

"No, no. I should close it. What if someone comes in?"

"Like who? Just go back to sleep Stiles"

"No what if they get in?"

"What if who gets in? Stiles, just leave it, please. Stiles. Stiles come back to bed. Stiles please."

Stiles yanks the door open.

"Don't, Stiles. Don't. Don't go in there please don't. Please Stiles don't"

Faline goes silent and Stiles turns to see her lifeless on his bed, her eyes wide open.

Stiles' eyes flutter open and he looks up to see his dad at his door.

"Hey time to get up kiddo. Get your butt to school and wake up Faline, please"

Stiles' head snaps to his girlfriend who was sleeping peacefully next to him. Her shoulders rising and falling, her hair splayed across the pillow and no blood in sight.

"And you couldn't wake up?" Scott asks.

"Nope," Stiles says, his arm around Faline's shoulders. "And it was beyond terrifying. You ever hear of sleep paralysis?"

"Uh, no," Scott says. "Do I want to?"

"Well have you ever had a dream where you feel like you're about to wake up but you can't move or talk?" Stiles asks.

"Yeah, yeah. I've had that" Scott says.

"It happens because during REM sleep your body is basically paralyzed," Faline says. "It's called muscle atonia. That way if you start dreaming about running, you don't actually start running in your bed"

"That makes sense," Scott says.

"Sometimes your mind can wake up before your body does," Stiles says. "So for a split second, you're actually aware that your body is paralyzed and that's the terrifying part. It turns your dream into a nightmare. You can feel like you're falling like you're being strangled, or, in my case like you're at the center of a grove of magical trees where human sacrifices took place"

"You think it means something?" Scott asks.

"What if what we did that night- What if it's still affecting us?" Stiles asks.

"Post-traumatic stress?" Faline asks.

"Or something," Stiles says.

They walk into class and Stiles speaks up again.

"You want to know what scares me the most?" Stiles says. "I'm not even sure if this is real"

Faline is awoken by Stiles shooting up and screaming at the top of his lungs.

Stiles" Faline tries grabbing his arms as Mr. Stilinski bursts in and wraps his arms around him.

"Hey, hey," Mr. Stilinski says as Faline holds his face in her hands as Stiles screams whilst crying.

"Stiles, it's okay," Faline says. "You're here with me, with your dad. You're okay"

Stiles slowly stops crying and begins to regain normal breathing. Mr. Stilinski looks at Faline who nods and he leaves the room.

"Can you sing to me?" Stiles asks and Faline nods.

"Des yeux qui font baisser les miens. Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche. Voilà le portrait sans retouches. De l'homme auquel j'appartiens" Faline sings, running her fingers through Stiles' hair. "Quand il me prend dans ses bras. Il me parle tout bas. Je vois la vie en rose"

"You're meant to be putting me to sleep" Stiles mumbles. "Not turning me on"

Faline giggles before she continues.

"Il me dit des mots d'amour. Des mots de tous les jours. Et ça me fait quelque chose. Il est entré dans mon cœur. Une part de bonheur. Dont je connais la cause. C'est lui pour moi, moi pour lui dans la vie. Il me l'a dit, l'a juré pour la vie."

Stiles closes his eyes as he feels his body relax.

"Et dès que je l'aperçois. Alors je sens en moi. Mon cœur qui bat. Des nuits d'amour à plus finir. Un grand bonheur qui prend sa place. Des ennuis, des chagrins s'effacent. Heureux, heureux à en mourir. Quand il me prend dans ses bras. Il me parle tout bas. Je vois la vie en rose. Il me dit des mots d'amour. Des mots de tous les jours. Et ça me fait quelque chose. Il est entré dans mon cœur. Une part de bonheur. Dont je connais la cause. C'est toi pour moi, moi pour toi dans la vie. Il me l'a dit, l'a juré pour la vie. Et dès que je t'aperçois. Alors je sens dans moi. Mon cœur qui bat"

Stiles' eyes flutter closed again and Faline stays with her back against the headboard as Stiles falls asleep, his chest rises and falls steadily as Faline continues combing her fingers through his hair.