Chapter 17: (Not Edited)

The next morning Jack woke up to someone coming and talking with Dark about needing to move bases. Dark had many different locations set up across the United States, always replacing an old one with a new one anytime he had to leave an old one just so he'd always have plenty of options.
Jack yawned and stretched his arms as he woke up slowly due to the people talking in the room. When Dark noticed Jack waking up he gestured for the other person to leave before looking over at Jack and cupping his cheek, "Sorry sweetheart," he said sweetly. "I didn't mean to wake you up," he said before standing and getting clothes from the closet, pulling on a pair of pants and grabbing a shirt. "Get changed... then pack anything you want to keep. We're going to burn the place down."
"Burn the place down??" Jack gasped as he sat up more, clearly fully awake now. "You really have to do that much to move bases..?" He asked before getting up and getting dressed himself.
"Yeah... we have to make it look like we were attacked and there were no survivors... makes it so the police have nothing to find when they get here." Dark explained, then grabbed Jack's suitcase once he was done packing, and grabbed a bag of the few personal items Dark carried with him. He didn't need to bring clothes or guns because there would be what he needed already at the next base.

Dark walked Jack outside where Baker was waiting, sitting in the front seat of a black van. Dark put their stuff in the back of the van where other items were waiting like random boxes of weapons and clothes or personal items that belonged to his workers. "Okay, wait in the van sweetheart, I'll be down in a minute." Dark told Jack before kissing his cheek and going back inside.
Jack gave him a soft smile and got into the passenger's seat. He buckled in as Baker pulled a little away from the base just so they'd have enough distance that they could get away from the blaze fast enough.

"Hey Jack.. you alright?" Baker asked, looking over at him as they waited for Dark.
"Yeah, I'm fine... little upset about losing this place but another base will just be a new experience... plus this kind of life doesn't really bother me, my Dad was already into this kind of life, I was basically destoned to be in this life style..."
"Yeah... I understand that," Baker replied, his leg starting to bounce. He seemed to hesitate before suddenly changing the subject, "So... what do you know about Ashley?"
Jack seemed a little suprised by the question. "Ashley? My dance teacher?"
Baker nodded.
"Oh she's amazing! She's so nice and always knows just the right things to say that give me a confidence boost!" He told him excitedly.
Baker chuckled at his response, seeming to drift away in thought. "Yeah... she is amazing..." he mumbled, a smile on his face.
"Oh my gosh! You have a crush on her!" Jack stated with wide eyes and a big grin.
"W-What..? How can you tell?" He asked, a light redness coming to his cheeks.
"You have that same star struck look in your eyes that Dark has when he's around me or thinking of me."

Baker sighed and leaned back in his seat slightly, closing his eyes. "She's just... so perfect.." he whispered shyly. "I only spoke to her yesterday... but I can't get her out of my head..."
"That's adorable!" Jack giggled, "I'll see if I can put in a good word for you." He said, giving Baker a playful little nudge.

Dark then came out of the house with others following. They all got in different vehicles and quickly drove off. Dark emptied the rest of a gas can he was holding before tossing it inside the house and then climbing into the back seat of the van with a goofy grin on his face. He held out a pack of matches for Jack, "Wanna do the honors sweetheart?"
Jack smiled and nodded with excitement. Baker turned the van around so the passenger's side was facing the house and Jack lit the match and threw it out the window.
Baker started off down the road as the match lit the gas on the ground that was also soaking the inside of the building. It very quickly went into a blaze which made Dark whistle happily, "Well done beautiful."
"Thank you Darky," Jack giggled.

"Mmmm that's always so satifying," Dark hummed before leaning forward so his top half was a between the front two seats, "Off to the new base!" He said excitedly which made Jack squeal excitedly, "Yay!"