86

Faline is rushed into an ambulance and an oxygen mask is placed over her face as people shout around her.

"Female. Teenager" The doctor says. "Severe blood loss by an abdominal wound caused by a ten blade, stolen by William Barrow"

"Stay with us Faline," Melissa says, keeping her hands on the wound as they wheel the gurney. "Come on Faline!"

Faline's eyes flutter as they wheel her through the hospital. Faline turns her head to see her father and Paige, they smile and wave at her, beckoning her to join them.

"I can see them" Faline whispers to Melissa.

"Who Faline?" Melissa asks.

"My dad and my sister," Faline says. "They want me to join them"

"Well you're not joining them, you hear me?" Melissa says and Faline nods weakly.

"WHERE IS SHE?" Stiles shouts, bursting into the hospital alongside his father a few hours later.

"She's okay, her family lawyer is with her right now," Melissa says. "And the doctor"

"Miss Michaels" The lawyer, Mrs. Jameson, says. "After this near-death experience, I think it may be wise if you draw up a will of where you want your money to go. Your parents left behind a hefty inheritance for you"

"How much is in the account?" Faline asks, not remembering her father mentioning large sums of money.

"Four and a half million dollars," Mrs. Jameson says and Faline nearly chokes on her own spit.

"What?" Faline asks, her eyes nearly bulging out of her head when Mrs. Jameson shows her the paperwork containing the numbers.

"Your father and mother had shared assets," Mrs. Jameson says. "And the payout on both of their deaths"

"I know what I want to do with it in the event of my death," Faline says. "I want one million to go to the Stilinski family. And I want another million to go to the McCall family. That's Melissa McCall and Scott. Not Rafael. Another million to Lydia Martin and her mother and then the final million half to the Stilinskis and then two hundred and fifty thousand more to Melissa and Scott. Then quarter a million goes to the school. The final half goes to Malia Tate. Not her father. Malia"

Mrs. Jameson nods and turns to the doctor.

"Do you have a printer?"

"In the staff room," The doctor says.

"I'll be a moment," Mrs. Jameson says.

Mrs. Jameson leaves and Stiles walks in and Faline smiles.

"How come your family lawyer is here?" He asks, perching on the edge of the hospital bed taking her hand in his own.

"She wants to know how I'll split my fortune in case of my untimely death," Faline says.

"How much do you have? If it's not rude" Stiles says.

"Four and a half million dollars," Faline says. "You and your dad get one and a half million, Scott and Melissa one and a quarter, Lydia gets a million, Malia gets half a million and the school gets a quarter of a million"

"You've written us into your will?" Stiles asks.

"Of course I have," Faline says, squeezing his hand.

"And you're going to give us all that money?"

"Of course," Faline says and Mrs. Jameson walks back in.

"Mr. Stilinski as you are a beneficiary you will have to leave the room so there are no claims of coercion"

Stiles nods before walking out of the room and Mrs. Jameson holds out the will.

I, Faline Michaels, signed this without coercion or threat and am of sound mind at the point of signing.

"Perfect" Mrs

"Perfect" Mrs. Jameson says. "I hope you make a speedy recovery Miss Michaels or else I have a lot of paperwork to begin"

Faline gives the woman a sarcastic smile and a fake laugh before she leaves.

"Bitch" Faline mutters, rolling her eyes before lying back in her bed.

"Faline"

"I am not talking to you" Faline groans. "I'll speak to Mr. S"

"But-"

"No," Faline says. "I'll talk to Mr. S after I've slept"

"Alright" Mr. McCall sighs, walking out and Faline closes her eyes as the doctor allows the pain relief medication to course through her veins.

Faline's eyes open and she finds herself stood in front of the Nemeton in the root cellar.

"No" Faline whispers as the doors slam shut.

"Faline" Faline turns to see Miss Blake in her true form.

"You're dead," Faline says.

"But I'm connected to you," Miss Blake says. "You are so deeply bonded to the Nemeton that you'll see myself as I died on it. Now one more sacrifice"

Faline begins to make choking noises as Miss Blake tightens the piece of wire around her throat.

Stiles glances at his girlfriend who's breathing had begun to pick up.

"Faline?" Stiles holds her face in his hands. "Faline, wake up it's just a dream. It's not real"

Faline shoots up and looks around, panting.

"Hey," Stiles says. "That must have been some dream"

Faline moves over wordlessly and lifts her blanket so Stiles can crawl into the bed with her. Faline rests her head on his chest, listening to his heart beating in her ear as she tries to sleep.

 Faline rests her head on his chest, listening to his heart beating in her ear as she tries to sleep