90

Faline wakes up to find Stiles gone and scissors stabbed right in the mattress next to her.

"Stiles?" Faline calls. "Stiles?"

Faline's phone buzzes.

"Stiles, thank God where are you?"

"I- I don't know. I don't know how I got here. There's a strong smell, it's making my eyes water. I don't know. Don't tell my dad"

Faline leaves the house and sprints to Scott's. Melissa was at the hospital on a shift. Faline begins banging on the door.

"SCOTT" Faline shouts.

"What's going on?" Scott asks, taking in his friend's distressed state.

"It's Stiles," Faline says. "He's gone. He called me and he said he didn't know where he was, how he got there. Only that there was a strong smell"

"ISAAC" Scott shouts. "WE NEED YOUR HELP"

"Why what's wrong?" The werewolf asks, stumbling down the stairs.

"It's Stiles, get dressed"

Scott throws Faline a pair of sweatpants because she had ran there dressed in Stiles' hoodie, a pair of gym shorts, and her sneakers.

"What's wrong with Stiles?" Isaac asks.

"He's gone," Faline says, tugging on her hair slightly. "He was in bed when I went to sleep, then I woke up because my phone was ringing and it was him and there were scissors in the mattress-"

"Faline, you need to breathe," Scott says. "We can't all fit on my bike"

"In my garage, there's a motorbike," Faline says. "Keys are on the handlebars"

Faline's phone rings.

"Hey Sti," Faline says.

"Did you call him?" Stiles asks. "Did you call my dad?"

"No just Scott and Isaac," Faline says. "We're coming to find you. Can you figure out where you are? Try to find something, anything"

"It's a basement," Stiles says. "Some kind of basement"

"In a house?" Faline asks.

"No, it looks bigger. Like industrial. I think there's a furnace. But it's cold. It's freezing down here. I gotta turn the- I gotta turn the phone off. It's going to die"

"Wait," Faline says. "What else is there? What do you see?"

"The phone's dying I can't talk. I have to go"

"Stiles, why are you whispering?"

"Because I think there's someone in here with me"

Faline, Isaac, and Scott burst into Stiles' room to find Lydia and Aiden.

"Did he call you too?" Scott asks.

"I heard it"

"Don't ask" Aiden says. "It gets more confusing when you ask"

"Okay," Isaac says.

"Not as confusing as this" Lydia says.

"It was like that when I woke up," Faline says. "He uses red for unsolved cases"

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?" Aiden says.

"Or is an unsolved case," Isaac says.

"Hold on," Lydia says. "Is he still out there? You don't know where he is?"

Lydia quietens her tone down, looking at Faline's distressed face.