125

"All good?" Derek asks Liam, tightening the handcuffs around his wrists.

Liam pulls on them harshly and they stay in place.

"I brought something to help you," Derek says, holding out the triskelion. "This has been with my family for centuries. It's a very powerful supernatural talisman"

Stiles and Faline look at Derek in disbelief after they had learned that it was nothing more than a hunk of metal.

"We use it to teach Betas how to control themselves on a full moon" Derek hands it to Liam before looking at the two skeptical teenagers before signaling for them to speak.

"Yes it's powerful," Stiles says.

"Very powerful" Faline nods.

Liam nods looking between the three in front of him.

"Stiles" Faline turns to her boyfriend.

"Yeah?"

"If there was a zombie apocalypse and I got bit, would you shoot me?" Faline asks.

"No I'd let you bite me so we could be zombies together," Stiles says.

"That's fucking stupid," Faline says. "I'd blow your head off in a heartbeat. You would not survive. I thought you watched movies?"

Derek snickers and Braeden lets out a loud laugh.

Night falls, Stiles and Faline were asleep, Stiles' head resting on top of Faline's but all eyes turn to Liam when he yanks on his handcuffs loudly and harshly.

"Whatever you were going to teach me I think you better start," Liam says.

"Liam you with me?" Derek asks. "We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it, you focus on the words. It's like meditating, you say the words until you feel control coming back to you"

"Okay, okay! What are the words?" Liam asks.

"Okay," Derek says. "Look at the triskelion. See the symbol? I have a tattoo on my back it's the same thing. Each spiral means something"

"Alpha, Beta, Omega" Stiles says.

"It represents the idea that we can always rise to one and fall back to another" Derek says. "Betas can become Alphas"

"Alphas can become Betas," Faline says.

"Can Alphas become Omegas?" Liam asks and Derek nods.

"All you have to do is say the three words," Derek says. "And with each one, you tell yourself you're getting calmer, more in control. Go ahead"

"Alpha, Beta-" Liam rushes out.

"Slower" Derek says.

"Alpha, Beta, Omega" Liam groans. "Alpha, Beta, Omega"

"Good, say it again," Derek says. "Remember every time you say the words, you're getting calmer"

"Alpha, Beta, Omega" Liam says his voice demonic.

"Whoa, whoa" Stiles lifts his legs off the ground.

"Say it again," Derek says.

"Derek I don't think that powerful talisman of self-control is working," Stiles says.

Liam roars, fangs extended and eyes glowing.

"Liam say it again" Derek shouts.

Liam roars and begins to lunge, causing the van to rock. Liam snaps one of the handcuffs off.

"Derek?" Braeden asks.

"I think we're gonna need to go a little faster," Stiles says.

"Keep going" Derek shouts as he tries to wrestle Liam down but the other handcuff snaps.