Kanahikukūmākahi

I sat down on the curb waiting for Jeonghan to pick me up. I tried to take a deep breath to try and clear my head but I could feel my throat tighten with every breath I took.

How could my mother say that, to her own son.

I was so caught up in my own head I didn't hear Jeonghan's car pulling up on the curb. "Hey hey Cheollie." Jeonghan said taking my face in his hands.

Looking right into Jeonghan's worried eyes is what broke me. I burst out sobbing as I place my hands over his.

"Oh baby." Jeonghan said as he pulled me into his arms as I rest my head on his chest. "Shhh it's okay baby I got you. Your okay, I'm here with you. Your not alone." He whispered into my ear as he rubbed my back.

"Thank you." I managed to choke out in between sobs.

"Shh don't talk you gonna end up hyperventilating. Just try and match your breathing to mine." Jeonghan instructs as I try to take a deep breath just like he's doing.

"There you go. It's okay, I'm right here." Jeonghan said running a hand through my hair as his hand trails down to cup my cheek.

"Do you wanna talk about why were outside in the middle of who knows where? Or why you look like 5 course meal in this black suit right now?" Jeonghan asks lightly.

"I was at my grandmother's funeral." I admitted as Jeonghan's eyes widened. "And before you say anything, I know I didn't tell you about her passing. I was to afraid of burdening you." I say.

"Choi Seungcheol you will NEVER be a burden to me. You know I'm always here for you and will listen to whatevers on your mind." Jeonghan said taking my hands in his.

"Understand?" He asks as I nod as I reach into my pocket and pull out the stupid vow renewal invitation that I held onto.

"My mother cheated on my dad and married Chujun and than just invited me to their god damn vow renewal." I say as Jeonghan's eyes widens in shock.

"Than I kinda lost it and started screaming at her and she said maybe- if I was a better son Chujun wouldn't have had a reason to abuse me when I was younger." I say looking to the ground.

"That woman is a bitch." Jeonghan said as my eyes widened at his sudden English. "Sorry but it's true, no mother should say that to her child ever." Jeonghan said.

"Where did you learn to curse in English?" I laugh as Jeonghan laughed lightly with me.

"Minki taught me that one." Jeonghan admitted, that made sense. Minki probably would teach him that.

"Ofcourse he did." I sigh as I playfully roll my eyes. Jeonghan takes my hand once again as he helps me to his feet.

"Do you wanna go home and eat ice cream?" He asks as I nod eagerly, I actually miss eating my feelings away in icecream. I really don't do it enough.

"Perfect! Let's go!" Jeonghan says leading me back to his car. I grab the invitation and stuff it back into my pocket. Just incase.