Crash Into Me pt.1&2

Pt. 1

Meredith: We go into medicine because we want to save lives. We go into medicine because we want to do good. We go into medicine for the rush, for the high, for the ride.

>>

Cristina: "You're not dancing." she looks at Meredith who stands in her bathroom doorway as she dances around the room with Audrey

Meredith: "I'm too tense to dance."

Cristina: "Which is why we're dancing."

Meredith: "My problem is, I'm sleeping with a man who's dating. And I don't care if he dates Sydney. It's the woman he dates after Sydney, that's my problem" she says, making the two roll their eyes with a groan "And if I had any sense at all, I would break up with the breakup sex. There would be no more breakup sexing. If I had any sense."

Audrey: "Shut up! Dance it out."

>>

Meredith: But what we remember at the end of most days are the losses. What we lay awake at night replaying is, the pain we caused or failed to cure, the lives we ruined or failed to save.

>>

Meredith: "You know, I'm gonna tell him. I don't want him seeing other people."

Audrey: "Good. Fine. Whatever."

Meredith: "I'm gonna tell him, and I feel good about it."

Cristina: "Dancing makes you brave." she points out as they continue to dance and Izzie comes out the bathroom across the wall and looks between the three of them with a solemn look on her face before walking away

>>

Meredith: So the experience of practicing medicine rarely resembles the goal. The experience, too often, is ass-backwards and upside down.

>>

George: "Hey." he greets when Izzie comes into the room he's lying on the floor in

Izzie: "I am so sick of the Meredith, Audrey, and Cristina stupid love affair with each other that they have to rub in everyone's faces. This stupid dancing. Friggin' Bobbsey triplettes. Stupid!"

George: "You're ranting. It's kinda early in the morning for ranting."

Izzie: "We're supposed to be the happy ones. We should be dancing, George. Why aren't we dancing?"

George: "You want to dance?"

Izzie: "Whatever" she sighs, leaning against the wall "I'm gonna go in early. I'm gonna get on hard-core Erica Hahn cardio, and I'm gonna kick ass at it. And when I kick ass at cardio, it's gonna piss Cristina off, but it won't matter, because I'll be a kick-ass cardio God." she declares, storming out the house and George tosses his book away

>>

Mark: "Okay, ladies and gentlemen, this is Nick Hanscomb."

Nick: "Hi."

Mark: "Nick was lucky enough to have me remove a large carotid body tumor from his neck. The fact that I was able to get clean boundaries is pretty darn impressive, even for me."

Alex: "Congratulations."

Mark: "Don't interrupt. Now despite the fact that it was a wildly successful surgery, we had to dissect out deep lymph nodes in his neck. There is now only a delicate flap of skin between his carotid artery and the outside world. That said, what am I worried about?"

Audrey: "I would think given the friability of the skin, that there's a great possibility that the, um, the artery could blow?"

Mark: "Right."