Yesterday

Meredith: After careful consideration and many sleepless nights, here's what I've decided. There's no such thing as a grown up. We move on, we move out, we move away from our families and form our own. But the basic insecurities, the basic fears and all those old wounds just grow up with us. And just when we think that life and circumstance have forced us to truly, once and for all become an adult...your mother says something like that. Or worse. Something like that. We get bigger, we get taller, we get older. But for the most part, we're still a bunch of kids. Running around the playground trying desperately to fit in.

>>

Cristina: "You know, he's acting like I committed a crime" she storms into the locker room and-and looks at Audrey who's fixing her hair and Meredith who stares blankle at the space in front her "Like my apartment is full of stolen goods. He's acting like I kept my apartment to hide stolen goods so I can do illegal transactions for money."

Meredith: "Are you sure he's just not acting like you lied about moving in?"

Audrey: "What's wrong with you?"

Meredith: "My mommy's a filthy whore." she looks up at the pair and they shrug their shoulders

>>

Meredith: "Chuck Eaton. 54. Has stage 3B non small cell lung cancer with possible invasion of the pleura. And a history of COPD. He's had extensive chemo-radiotherapy with minimal regression of the tumor. He's been admitted for radical and block re-section."

Chuck: "I was a smoker. The, uh, oncologist, he explained that I have a 25% chance of surviving the surgery."

Burke: "Well unfortunately that's about right. If you should elect not to proceed we can make you more comfortable."

Chuck: "With all do respect, uh...there's no way you can make a man dying a slow death comfortable. I'll roll the dice."

>>

Izzie: "Good morning Dr. Bailey. Hi, big boy." she says in a baby voice when they come across Bailey who's holding her son in her arms

Bailey: "Are the OR's up and running?"

Cristina: "Uh yeah fully functional. Except there's some smoke damage to the corridor."

Bailey: "How bout you? You fully functional?"

Meredith: "I'm fine. How's your husband?"

Bailey: "Take him home tomorrow" she nods and Tuck coos a little "Yes we are. Yeah. Yeah."

Izzie: "Oh, you're cute. I know you are." she joins in and Bailey gives her a look

Bailey: "Okay this is not a tea party. Go work. Save some lives. Now!" they quickly walk away

>>

Cristina: "Jake Burton. 15. Has advanced craniodiaphyseal dysplasia. Was admitted last night after complaining of headaches."

Mrs. Burton: "He's not a complainer."

Mr. Burton: "He's been having some nausea as well."

Derek: "Okay may I?" he takes the place of where the parents are standing at his bedside "Jake, can I get you to sit up please?"

Jake: "Sure."

Derek: "Right okay. I want you to look right here for me. Thank you." he holds his hand up towards Cristina's direction and she becomes uncomfortable a little

Jake: "You know you could pretend I'm a lion. It helps."

Cristina: "Sorry?"

Jake: "You could pretend I'm a lion and then instead of a really messed up kid you get a talking circus animal which is way easier to look at."