What I Am

Meredith: At some point during surgical residency, most interns get a sense of who they are as doctors, and the kind of surgeons they're going to become. If you ask them they'll tell you. They're going to be General surgeons. Orthopedic surgeons. Neurosurgeons. Distinctions which do more than describe their areas of expertise. They help define who they are. Because outside the operating room, not only do most surgeons have no clue who they are, they're afraid to find out.

>>

George: "So Izzie left the house this morning. That's a good sign" he shrugs and looks over at where Meredith is drinking a bottle of pepto "Are you okay?"

Audrey: "Yeah I thought I was supposed to be the one looking all sickly. This morning sickness is kicking my ass." she pushes some hair back into a ponytail

Meredith: "I'm just...not feeling like myself."

Alex: "O'Malley has that effect on women. Ask Dr. Torres." he comes into the locker room and smirks at George

George: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Alex: "You threw her out on her ass."

George: "I did not. Who told you that?"

Alex: "Torres. Don't worry. I get it. She's hot but she's not for you."

George: "Why is that?"

Alex: "Cause she's hot." he teases as George walks out the room

>>

Bailey: "Let's go, people. I've been in surgery since 2 AM. I'm in no mood."

Meredith: "George..." she looks over at where he's talking with Callie and motions for him to follow

Cristina: "No cutting. No cutting." she pushes past George

Alex: "Yang you're late." he announces to Bailey with a smirk

Cristina: "Hey I got here before George."

George: "I'm here! I was here!"

Bailey: "Nice of you to join us Yang."

Cristina: "Oh what are you smiling about? Arent you supposed to be on the Gynie Brigade."

Alex: "Yeah, whatever."

Cristina: "Woman troubles?" she asks when Meredith stops at a cart and holds her stomach while taking a breath

Meredith: "Men troubles. I think this dating two guys thing is getting to me. The stress of it. Finn, Derek. Derek, Finn. I think I'm getting an ulcer."

Audrey: "McDreamie and the vet are making you sick?"

Meredith: "I just need to make a choice and get it over with." she sighs and they catch up with the group as they head into a patient's room

>>

George: "Shawn Sullivan. 62. Had minimally invasive bypass surgery two days ago to remove a blockage from his LAD."

Shawn: "I'm all better now, thank you George" he cuts him off and takes off the oxygen tube on his nose "So what do you think Miranda? Can I stop being a burden to you good people and go home?"

Mrs. Sullivan: "You need to stop interrupting the Doctors Shawn. You need to listen to what they say."

Shawn: "I need to get back to the dealership. They're going to can me if I'm gone too long."

Mrs. Sullivan: "They can't can you sweetie, you're the best salesman they've got."

Shawn: "Oh." he waves her off with a fond smile