Staring At The Sun

Meredith: Many people don't know that the human eye has a blind spot in its field of vision. There's a part of the world that we are literally blind to. The problem is, sometimes our blind spots shield us from things that really shouldn't be ignored. Sometimes our blind spots keep our lives bright and shiny.

>>

Meredith: "Today is the day people. Today is the day when dark and twisty Meredith disappears forever" she declares coming into the locker room, not noticing the looks on everyone's faces "And bright and shiny Meredith takes her place. You're probably not going to want to be friends with me anymore cause the sheer intensity of my happiness will make your teeth hurt. That's okay, 'cause life is good. Life is good" she puts her stuff away in her locker and turns to face them "What's going on?"

Izzie: "George's dad was admitted last night."

Meredith: "Oh my God, is he okay?"

George: "Oh no, he's fine."

Audrey: "He passed out, hit the floor and fractured his clavicle."

George: "Yeah, but his clavicle is fine. Callie said...it's gonna be fine."

Meredith: "Are those his AM labs?" she looks down at the chart in George's hands

Alex: "Complaining of severe abdominal pain."

Cristina: "He doesn't have peritoneal signs, that's good."

Bailey: "Has anybody seen..." she comes into the locker room and they all straighten up

George: "I was just looking at it."

Bailey: "Don't you think me reading it is more important than you reading it?"

George: "Sure. Fine. He's going to be fine."

Bailey: "You're on scut today. You'll be distracted."

George: "No I won't-"

Bailey: "Family members do not treat family members. Scut."

Cristina: "I'm scrubbing in on a surgery with Dr. Burke this morning."

Bailey: "Of course you are. Karev, Sloan. Grey, pit. Davidson, charts. Stevens shadow Karev. And let me remind you again of the rules of your probation."

Alex: "I think she knows the rules Dr. Bailey."

Bailey: "No touching patients, no talking to patients, no rolling your eyes at patients...or your superiors." she ignores Alex while giving a pointed look to Izzie

>>

Burke: "Excellent. Now we want to place the partial occluding clamp on the aorta. Slowly. Good. Now we want to make sure all the grafts are deaired before you remove the venus and aorta cannulus." he instructs Cristina as they operate on a patient

George: "He's letting her decanulate the heart by herself?" he breathes in shock when he comes into the gallery where Audrey is sitting in a seat writing in charts

Audrey: "Freaking unbelievable, huh?" she scoffs a little "Bitch."

George: "Wha-" he looks at her shocked

Audrey: "Oh I get to be crappy. I have more than one reason." she waves him off

>>

Audrey: "Dr. Montgomery. Please tell me you have something I can work on."

Addison: "Sorry Audrey. Bailey made it very clear that you are to take it easy for the next few days."

Audrey: "My pressure went up just a little bit. It's because of all the salt I've been eating. I cut back on those, I'm good to work."