Oh, The Guilt

Meredith: First, do no harm. As doctors we pledge to live by this oath. But harm happens. Then guilt happens, and there's no oath for how to deal with that.

>>

Izzie: "Good morning!" she cheers when the three come down into the kitchen and find her cooking

George: "I thought we were done with the whole muffin thing."

Izzie: "This isn't muffins, it's breakfast. Mer needs a good, solid breakfast. First day back after the big surgery. And Audrey is eating for 3. She needs her strength."

Meredith: "Are you okay?"

Izzie: "Of course I'm okay...I'm a millionaire. Fruit?" she holds a bowl out and Audrey takes it, pulling out a jar of chocolate sauce and pouring it into the bowl before taking a bite "What do you guys think about B&B's? I'm thinking about opening B&B in Vermont where the foliage is, you know?"

George: "Maybe you should go back to bed."

Izzie: "Can't. I'm going to the hospital."

Audrey: "Are you going to talk to the chief?"

Izzie: "Nope. I'm going to clean out my locker. I could buy a hotel. How much do you think a hotel costs?"

Audrey: "Izzie!" she exclaims as the other two gasp when she accidentally spills orange juice on the check from Denny that's sitting on the counter

George: "Is that..." he rushes to grab a towel and dry it off "That's eight million...eight million dollars does not like to have juice spilled on it."

Meredith: "You have to take that to the bank today. It's making me nervous in the house."

Izzie: "I will. Just as soon as I clean out my locker" she nods and they give her a look "I'm fine. Really I'm fine. Denny loved me. He wanted me to have this money, he wants me to be happy. So I'm happy. Juice?"

>>

Meredith: "She's losing it. She almost battered and deep fried an 8 million dollar check this morning."

Cristina: "That kind of money, I'd buy my own hospital and stock it full of sick people. Vavuloplasties and ruptured aneurysms. Hmm."

George: "You are a psycho, you know that, right?" he whispers to her

Cristina: "Okay, I'm not the one with an 8 1/2 million dollar check I won't cash." she snickers a little

Izzie: "Stop talking about me. I'm fine" she calls out from the other side of the lockers "I'm cleaning out my locker and I'm going home. Mer is the one with the problems."

Meredith: "What's wrong with me?"

Audrey: "Well you haven't told McDreamy that you dumped McVet." she says as Izzie comes over to them

Cristina: "Oh, you haven't done that yet?"

Alex: "Dude, tell him already."

George: "She's scared."

Meredith: "I am not scared. Derek walked away. He walked away. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe he's happier. He's got Addison here. He's got Mark here. He's got a lot to deal with. And I'm not going to make him feel guilty. I'm being an adult here, and I am not going to drag him into our whole..." she rants but stops herself when seeing the looks everyone gives her "Izzie is the one with the big check."

Izzie: "I'm fine."

>>

Meredith: Guilt never goes anywhere on its own. It brings its friends, doubt and insecurity.