I Saw What I Saw

Meredith: In order to get a good diagnosis...doctors have to constantly change their perspective. We start by getting the patient's point of view...though they often don't have a clue what's going on. So we look at the patient from every possible angle. We rule things out. We uncover new information...trying to get to what's actually wrong. We're asked for second opinions...hoping we'll see something others might have missed. For the patient, a fresh perspective can mean the difference between living and dying. For the doctor...it can mean you're picking a fight with everyone who got there before you.

>>

Sitting in a hallway outside a conference room are the residents, attendings, and a few other nurses and doctors

Reed: "Someone's getting fired."

April: "Stop it."

Charles: "She wasn't even my patient."

Cristina: "What?"

Charles: "Nothing."

Alex: "How long is this gonna take?"

Jackson: "Why, you need to make a phone call?"

Jumping up from his seat, Alex attacks Jackson, making Mark, Zachary, Derek, and Owen rush over to pull them apart as others begin yelling at each other and Richard comes out the room

Richard: "That's enough! I said enough!"

Audrey: "Calm down." she breathes, sitting Alex back down in his seat

Richard: "What happened here tonight, what happened to that patient, was inexcusable. And we're gonna be here till I find out who's responsible for it. So until then, you will sit down, you will shut up and you will wait to be called. Hunt."

Cristina: "I'm not going down for this." she says to Owen when he walks past her to head into the room

Owen: "Someone is."

>>

Richard: "Dr. Hunt, you know Larry Jennings from our board. And this is our in-house counsel."

Larry: "We're just trying to get in front of this thing-"

Richard: "Uh, I need you to give me the lay of the land of your E.R. tonight, from the beginning."

Owen: "We were slammed with a mass casualty, a hotel fire. Half a dozen burn victims, a penetrating chest wound, a firefighter with multiple traumas."

Richard: "What doctors were working?"

Owen: "Yang, Davidson, Grey, Karev, Adamson, that big kid whose name I don't know, uh, Kepner, Avery and Torres."

Larry: "And who was on the patient in question, the one that died?"

Owen: "Everyone. Everyone was everywhere."

Richard: "All right. Who got the chart first?"

Owen: "Dr. Yang."

>>

Cristina: "It wasn't my patient. I had it for two seconds, and then I was called outside."

Richard: "Okay, start from the beginning."

Cristina: "I was paged to the E.R."

>>

Cristina: "I handed it off."

Richard: "To who? Who did you hand it to?"

Cristina: "I have no idea."

>>