Brave New World

Meredith: In 6500 B.C., some guy looked at his sick friend and said, "I have an idea. Why don't I drill a hole in your skull? It'll make you feel better." And thus, surgery was born. It takes a certain brand of crazy to come up with an idea like drilling into somebody's skull. But surgeons have always been a confident bunch.

>>

Callie: "Unh, uhn, uhn, your clothes, your room. The living room will not be a dumping ground like the old place was." she shakes her head and Cristina sighs, setting the box down onto a chair

Erica: "Did you not hear her?" she raises her eyebrows as Cristina rolls her eyes and sets the box on the floor

Meredith: "Okay. She kinda scares me."

Cristina: "Cause she's scary. Callie needs a new best friend."

Audrey: "Seriously what does she see in her?" she questions as they head back out to grab more boxes

>>

Meredith: We usually know what we're doing,and when we don't,we still act like we do. We walk boldly into undiscovered country, plant a flag and start ordering people around. It's invigorating and terrifying.

>>

Cristina: "You haven't read any of it?"

Meredith: "No,what if I'm in it? I don't want to hear what she thought of me. I've heard enough of that already."

Audrey: "What's worse, if you're in it or you're not in it?"

Meredith: "I don't know. But I mean, see, why is he in the study rooting around in closets...trying to dig up my mother's ghost?"

Cristina: "I think 'cause you invited him."

Audrey: "That is kind of what happens when couples move in together." she shrugs

Richard: "Apparently some people thought I was kidding last week when I announced that nobody was going to get to hang out on their favorite specialty anymore. I wasn't. Junior residents don't specialize. So all the requests to send you back to that place where your true heart lives can end now. Dr. Bailey makes the assignments. Do not, and I repeat, do not harangue her."

Bailey: "Grey, you're on cardio with Hahn today."

Cristina: "Oh, but-"

Bailey: "Stevens and Karev pit."

Alex: "Oh, come on."

Izzie: "That's not-the chief wants us to have a change. That's not a change. I'm always stuck in the pit with Alex."

Bailey: "When the chief said don't harangue Dr. Bailey, what do you think he meant? Davidson, Sloan."

Audrey: "How fun." she mutters with a roll of her eyes

Bailey: "Yang, clinic."

Cristina: "What? What? No. No."

Izzie: "No, no, wait, wait. The clinic is mine. I say how it's staffed."

Cristina: "Yeah,yeah."

Izzie: "She'll just ruin it."

Cristina: "Yeah, I will. I'll-I'll ruin it."

Izzie: "Just let me do it."

Bailey: "No, you will not. You will do what I say. And since Yang couldn't be bothered to show up at the clinic since it opened, think of it as a new frontier in her training."

Meredith: "Sorry."

Cristina: "Oh, oh, oh, my god. You're totally not sorry. You're psyched. You got Hahn. If you're not,you should be." she snaps her fingers to motion for her interns to follow after her