Scars and Souvenirs

Meredith: People have scars in all sorts of unexpected places. Like secret roadmaps of their personal histories, diagrams of all their old wounds. Most of our old wounds heal leaving nothing behind but a scar, but some of them don't. Some wounds we carry with us everywhere...and though the cuts long gone...the pain still lingers.

>>

Audrey: "Hey you guys mind if I ride to the hospital with you?" she rushes down the stairs, stopping Meredith and Izzie before they step out the door

Meredith: "I thought you were going with Julian."

Audrey: "He's taking too long and you guys are already ready."

Meredith: "Yeah, come on."

Audrey: "Thanks." she grabs her bag and follows after them

>>

Izzie: "He's in George's room" she rants to Meredith as they head down the hall towards the NICU "And when George's stupid marriage crashes and burns he's gonna wanna move back in and he won't be able to. His life will be in a shambles, his finally realize that his dead is dead, he'll realize he made a fool of himself by marrying someone he doesn't really love and he'll have no place to go. Is that what you want?"

Meredith: "That's exactly what I want." she turns with a smile on her face before rolling her eyes

Alex: "Huh, look who found some clothes." he comes over to the group with George and Cristina beside him

George: "How you doing?"

Meredith: "Ok, everybody, lets do this once. I'm fine. She's cremated, I picked out a beautiful urn and she's hanging out in the back of my closet. Any more questions about my dead mother or can we get back to work?"

Cristina: "Does anyone know who the new chief candidate is?"

George: "Chief's bringing in a ringer in case he doesn't want to give the job to either one of your boyfriends."
-
Bailey: "Ok who's presenting?" she asks when they come into the NICU and see Audrey standing at the incubators with Julian and her mom

George: "Hunter and Haleigh Bridges-Davidson. Hunter was in for a mitral valve defect. Dr. Burke repaired it however there were some leaks that caused complications. His stats have increasingly approved and we've started taking him off the feeding tube and started breast feeding."

Alex: "Haleigh's lungs are developing nicely and she's already start to wiggle around more. She's even able to come out of the incubator."

Bailey: "They're doing very well. Should be able to take them home in no time." she nods her head

Rebecca: "Oh I knew they were fighters. They have the Davidson blood." she smiles looking down at Haleigh who is in her arms and Julian nudges Audrey's shoulder a little

Julian: "You hear that? They're doing good."

Audrey: "For now. No telling what can happen tomorrow, or next week." she gives him a hard look and the others look at him in confusion

Julian: "Audrey..." he sighs

Bailey: "Is there a problem?"

Audrey: "Oh, you mean beside the fact that Julian's leaving?" she grits a little "Yeah. He's going back overseas. Our kids are in a hospital and he's going halfway across the country."

Julian: "It's only for two months. I'll be back before you know it" he assures and she scoffs "It's already too late for me to pull out now."

Audrey: "That's the best part. He's had this planned for months and yet he waited three days until he had to leave before telling me."