Golden Hour

Meredith: How much can you actually accomplish in an hour? Run an errand maybe? Sit in traffic? Get an oil change? When you think about it, an hour isn't very long. 60 minutes. 3, 600 seconds. That's it. In medicine, though, an hour is often everything. We call it the golden hour. That magical window of time that can determine whether a patient lives...or dies.

>>

Meredith: "Are you two gonna help me at all or are you just gonna sit there and eat potato chips and play with a baby?"

Cristina: "I performed four back-to-back fem-pop bypasses today. This is the first chair I've seen since 7:00 A. M., and this is the first food I've had since yesterday. I choose potato chips."

Audrey: "Do I even have to argue with this face?" she questions, squeezing Echo's cheeks a little as she sits in her lap "You might want to get that." she points to the ringing phone, making Meredith give her an incredulous look

Meredith: "Seattle Grace Mercy west emergency."

Cristina: "You brought this on yourself, you know? You volunteered to help run the E.R.?"

Meredith: "Got it. We've got a suspected appy on a 10 year old. Let's page Robbins. You know, I saw a need and I filled it, like any good chief resident candidate."

Audrey: "Sadomasocochisc chief resident candidate maybe."

Cristina: "What is up with you? You're all perky and cheerful."

Meredith: "Ah, you know, it's the, uh, fertility drugs. We have stepped it up. I'm pumped full of hormones. You know what's perky?"

Cristina: "Quoi?"

Meredith: "My boobs. They're huge. Am I supposed to like big boobs?"

Audrey: "They're only gonna get bigger when they're full of milk. And more sensitive."

Cristina: "So, um...Callie mentioned a thing. Or it might not be a thing. At least I hope it doesn't become a thing."

Lexie: "Hey, I got a patient with a headache better after sumatriptan. He's ready to be discharged. Just need you to sign off."

Meredith: "Is he neurologically intact?"

Lexie: "Mm-hmm."

Meredith: "You did a C.T.?"

Lexie: "I did. It was negative. The most interesting thing about this guy is that he came into the E.R. for a glorified migraine with a girlfriend from hell."

Audrey: "Ooh, which one is she? Just point with your eyes."

Woman: "No, I mean, I know. It's just not a priority Right now, obviously..."

Audrey: "Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm." she hums, exchanging a look with Lexie

Meredith: "Here."

Lexie: "Thank you."

Meredith: "So, um, Callie had a thing."

Cristina: "Yeah."

Meredith: "What kind of a thing?"

Arizona: "Grey, you paged?"

Meredith: "Yeah, we have a suspected appy on a 10 year old two minutes out."

Arizona: "Okay."

Cristina: "An unexpected thing."

Owen: "Grey, call up. Tell 'em to get an O.R. ready."

Meredith: "I already did. O.R. five is prepped and ready for you."

Cristina: "Callie asked me to be her baby's godmother."