In The Midnight Hour

Meredith: When you're little, nighttime is scary because there are monsters hiding right under the bed. When you get older, The monsters are different...self-doubt...loneliness...regret. And though you may be older and wiser, you still find yourself scared of the dark.

>>

Meredith: "What are you doing up?" she asks when Audrey comes into the bathroom seeing her sitting on the floor against the shower

Audrey: "Had to pee. And I'm waiting for Mark to bring me more pickles and ice cream."

Sadie: "Your sofa sucks. I can't sleep." she sighs, coming into the room

Meredith: "I never went to bed."

Sadie: "You usually read on the bathroom floor?"

Meredith: "I didn't want to wake Derek. These are my mother's journals from when she was a resident."

Sadie: "I thought we hated your mother."

Meredith: "You know, I kinda think now, if I wasn't her child, I would've liked her. I mean, she was funny and intense."

Audrey: "So basically another version of Cristina." she jokes

Sadie: "Oh, yeah. "Intense" I get from Cristina. "Funny," not so much."

Audrey: "She takes a while to warm up, but when she does, she's Cristina."

Meredith: "Give her a chance. She's very loyal, And we need allies around here."

Sadie: "What do you think about, uh, what's her name, your sister Lexie?"

Meredith: "What do I think about her?"

Sadie: "Yeah, as an ally for me. My new intern BFF."

Meredith: "No, I-no, no, I don't-I don't see that. I just...she was raised right, with parents and rules and smiley-face posters on her wall."

Sadie: "Hmm."

Audrey: "It's Cristina. There's an appy." she looks at Meredith's pager on the ground, hearing hers go off in her room

Meredith: "See? Loyalty."

Sadie: "I'll come with you. Try to snag some time in the skills lab. I'll get dressed."

Meredith: "Okay." she nods, herself and Audrey stopping outside of Izzie's room when they hear her moaning

Audrey: "Hot."

Meredith: "Horny" they go to walk off, stopping in their spots when Alex comes out his room, their eyes widening in confusion "Oh, what...what are you doing out here?"

Alex: "You two think you're the only one who paid off a nurse Tto page you with an appy?"

Meredith: "That's not what I meant."

Izzie: "Oh! Yes." she moans out, turning Alex's attention to the door

Audrey: "That's what she meant. If you're out here, then who's in there with Izzie?"

Izzie: "Oh, my God!"

Meredith: "Derek?" she calls out as they hear a thud come from her room as he comes out into the hall

Izzie: "Oh!"

Derek: "What? What? What's the matter?"

Meredith: "Nothing. Nothing. I just, um..."

Derek: "What are you doing dressed? It's 3:00 in the morning."

Izzie: "Oh, my God. Oh!"

Derek: "Who's making a porno movie in Izzie's room?"