Chapter 18 Talk

*Basement Pool, Afternoon*

Luna, Shiva and Kisara are relaxing in the pool

"I feel so relaxed." Shiva smiles.

"Are you glad that Maria is been so kind to us?" Kisara asks.

"Of course. I still don't trust her fully but she is gaining it little by little." Shiva says.

"And that's good." Maria says as she walks pass them and sits down. "I don't expect you to give me your full trust in a short amount of time."

"At least you are smart to realize that." Shiva smirks.

"Yup. Most would believe you trust them fully and can get whatever they can from you. They give in into greed, lust or power to be consider they strongest. In my eyes, I'm more stronger than most devils thanks to training. My peerage are strong in their own rights. They don't go boast how strong they are unless some people are dense." Maria smiles.

"And your telling us this why?" Luna asks.

"So that you know I'm telling the truth. I speak freely what's in my mind. Keep something to myself since we are all not perfect in our own rights." Maria lies down.

"You don't care what others think about your peerage?" Shiva asks.

"Hell no! I chosen them because not only that they were strong in their own way. I just felt... a bit happy. I wouldn't blame them to refuse to be a part of my peerage. The fallen angels Misaka, Penny, Slabe and Marinette were surprised how nice I was too them even though we were enemies. I gave them cooked meat while they were still asleep." Maria smiles. "If I had to fight them, I would've been sad that such kind hearted people like them would give in into power."

"So you gave them a chance to change and make them see how serious you were on being a friend, family and leader all in one." Luna says.

"Yeah. And look how that turned out. The rest of my peerage was the same. I made them gave them a choice to leave once they did what they needed to do. They stayed by me. I never felt so happy. After I lost my family, I was scared to be alone. Now, I have a new family. One that I can protect with my life. I don't care how strong the enemy is. No ONE is gonna harm them." Maria states. "I would die for them. And if I do, it's their choice to stick together or go their separate ways. It's the path they choose. Not mine to choose for them."

"And you better hold on to those words." Kisara says.

"I intend too." Maria smiles before closing her eyes.

*Nighttime, Kitchen*
"Alright everyone. Let's dig in!" Maria smiles happily.

They cheer and begin to feast. Misaka does a selfie with Maria. Luna enjoys eating her apple pie with whipped cream. Kisara enjoys the chocolate cake. Shiva enjoys the spicy fried chicken. Marinette takes pictures of the day.