Chapter 12 Oh look. The Fried Chicken Is Here

*Maria's Household*
The phone rings. Maria gets up from the couch and answers the phone.

"Hello? Who am I speaking too?" Maria asks.

"This is Rias Gremory. Is Zane there?" Rias asks.

"No he is not. Can I take a message?" Maria asks.

"No no. It's okay. But I do have one question." Rias asks.

"Oh? What would that be?" Maria asks.

"Why are there barriers around the house?" Rias asks.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what you mean." Maria says.

"I don't believe you. I knew something was fishy here." Rias says.

"Listen. If this is a prank call, your waisting your time. Good day." Maria says as she ends the call.

*Outside Maria's Household*
Rias ends the call. A magic circle appears and Grayfia appears.

"I don't believe your brother would approve of this." Grayfia says.

"I know but first. Do you feel the barriers around this house?" Rias asks.

Grayfia inspects the barriers and touches it.

*Inside Maria's Household*
Maria was drinking hot chocolate before getting a signal of someone touching the barrier. Maria places the cup down.

"Misaka! Sabrina! Vectia! Someone is touching the barriers! Wear your masks!" Maria shouts.

*Outside Maria's Household*
"It does appear to have multiple barriers. Whoever lives here is very cautious of whatever is inside. Do you happen to know who lives here?" Grayfia asks.

"Yes. Several people actually. They felt odd but refused to admit to anything." Rias replies.

"Hmm. I will inform your brother about this." Grayfia says.

"You will inform no one." Maria says.

Grayfia and Rias have their guard up. They look surprised. Four females with masked hover above them, a few feet away. Maria with the mask shows six devil wings, Misaka with the mask showing four fallen angel wings, Vectia with the mask showing two devil wings and nekomata features, and Sabrina with the mask showing two dragon wings.

"Who are you?! Identify yourself." Grayfia demands.

"Sorry I can't. You see, the underworld already thinks I'm dead and I tend to keep it that way for a while." Maria replies.

Grayfia and Rias look confused.

"Why is there a fallen angel in my territory?" Rias asks.

"You will not harm my Queen." Maria says. "These four are part of my peerage."

"What? How? They don't have devil wings." Rias says.

"Because there's no need to show it to you. I ordered them to not reveal them." Maria says.

"How did you get your pieces? We would've known about you." Grayfia says.

"Remember the incident four years ago where someone broke in to get a set of evil pieces?" Maria asks.

"It was you!" Grayfia says in anger.

"Correct. However, my time to get my set were meant around that time. I just did what I needed to do. I have my peerage and there's nothing you can do about it." Maria says.

"How long have you been here?" Rias asks.

"At least three years." Maria responds.

"How could we not sense you?" Rias asks.