ninety-three

Kakashi and Eri laid underneath the sheets, facing towards each other, and gently tracing each other's bare skin. It was so quiet that all they heard was the flickering of the fireplace and candles, and their tranquil breathing.

The man ran his finger across her jaw and kissed her forehead, and she looked up at him with glittery eyes. He released a breathy chuckle and rested his forehead on hers. "I love the way you look at me."

"Yeah?" She hummed, her dark orbs smiling just as brightly as her grin. "And how do I look at you?" She rolled onto her stomach and folded her hands under her chin expectantly and thoughtfully.

"You look at me like you love me."

"I do love you."

He was slightly shocked by her confidence, and it was written on his face.

Eri looked down at her fingers. "I can't really tell you why. I'm sure it has to do with what I don't remember. But I know that I love you."

He smiled warmly as very unmasculine and sensitive butterflies filled his chest.

The girl fell back down on the mattress and asked, "Were we dating before I lost my memory?"

When she had first lost her memory, Kakashi resolved to not tell her about the details of their relationship. He assumed that it would be better for her; perhaps less overwhelming, or maybe she'd feel forced to do certain things out of obligation rather than what she wanted. As much as he wanted to tell her everything, he remained committed to letting her figure things out for herself. "I'll let you figure that out for yourself." 

"Does that mean 'yes?'"

"Not necessarily."

"But it's not a 'no.'"

He leaned over and kissed her forehead again - it was one of the most endearing things he did - and said, "I'm sure you'll remember the past again one day, but today..." he gave her a short kiss on the lips, "... we'll start here."

"Who said I agreed to starting something?" Eri raised a brow with a sly smirk.

"You did." He wouldn't let her forget her whole confession-type-thing.

"Oh, right. I did." She chuckled, and he interlaced his fingers with hers, looking at her with a dreamy gaze.

"What do you want from here?" He kissed the top of her hand.

She hummed thoughtfully before answering, "I want to experience the things I don't remember."

"What do you mean?"

"I want to start from the beginning."

"The very beginning?"

"I mean... if I lived with you for two years, then... maybe..."

"Are you asking to move back in with me?"

"Maybe...?"

"I have one condition." The man suddenly climbed on top of her and placed a short but heavy kiss on her neck. "Do we have to start from the beginning?" He kissed her neck again, more intensely than the last, earning a high-pitched moan from the girl. He caressed her ribcage and began to pinch the soft flesh under her breast. His hot breath tickled her ear, making the hair on her arms stand on end. "'Cause I don't know how you'd expect me to keep my hands off of you."

----------

Within twenty-four hours of when the two of them got back to Konoha, Eri moved out of her apartment and back in with Kakashi, although it was the first time that she could recall.

When Eri told Tsunade that she no longer needed the apartment, the suspicious woman responded with a deep chuckle. She didn't say anything. She just laughed.

On top of the interactions she couldn't foresee, the mauve-haired girl didn't know what to expect from Anko, who she was bound to run into sooner or later.