fifty-four

Time and space froze. Kakashi was just as paralyzed as Eri was when he kissed her. He slowly counted to three in his head before parting from her and bringing the blue fabric back over his nose.

Her eyes were wide as her eyelids twitched subtly with surprise, half-turned in his man-made entrapment between him and the bed. She had wanted to kiss him for so long that she didn't know how to react when he finally did, and he had been wanting to kiss her for even longer, so he feared that he had ruined everything.

Eventually, she brought herself to face him and cupped his cheek. Her gaze became half-lidded as he allowed her to peel down his mask and return a short yet confident kiss.

All the weight of uncertainty and insecurity that the man carried on his shoulders left him. He traced her jaw and kissed her again, testing out the most perfect lips he had ever touched. He kissed her again, pausing every time to make sure she was okay and that she wanted the same thing as him.

She leaned against the bed, getting pushed further and further back until he finally kissed her in the way she had been longing for. He took in her lips and the entirety of her mouth with a deep breath but didn't part from her this time. Instead, he explored his new-found freedom in her by kissing her more passionately than he thought he was capable of.

She matched him and kissed him back, arching her back as he pressed down on her spine, holding her waist close to his torso as her arms snaked around his neck and shoulders. She gently tugged on his lower lip, looking up at him with a half-lidded, seductive gaze. Of all the times she had been taken advantage of or targeted, she was finally doing something she wanted to do. She felt safe enough to let herself go and surrender to his tender and loving touch.

He finally pushed her far enough back that she fell on the bed with a giggle. Yet, it was quickly silenced by his lips. He drew in a deep breath, inhaling her scent as he crawled over her. He pulled her legs between his, sensually sliding his hand from her hip to her calf and smothering her with desirous kisses.

But he was still holding back. She could tell that he wanted more; he wanted to explore her further and test the boundaries that she didn't have for him.

When they parted momentarily for air, Eri placed her hands in front of her so that she could assure him. "Kakashi," she began, her voice low as she took in his handsome face that he had successfully hidden until then, "you're not going to break me."

He smirked. "You sure?"

"Yeah." She hummed.

His dark eye shined with a glimmer of excitement. "Careful," he teased and kissed her forehead, "there's no turning back now."

"I'm so scared." She rolled her eyes and laughed.

In stubborn response, he squeezed the muscly flesh of her thigh and nibbled the soft skin of her neck, earning a startled yelp from her. She could feel his lips curve into a satisfied and mischievous against her as he searched for the spot that would make her moan. Before long, he found it just above her clavicle.

She released and stifled noise as he tended to that sensitive spot. He then took her wrists into one hand and pulled them above her head, out of the way so that he could trail her body with kisses. He kissed her chest, pulling at the neckline of the t-shirt, then when it wouldn't stretch any further, he pinched the hem and brought it up, exposing her bra and making her feel vulnerable, which wasn't a bad thing when it involved him.

He slid his hand beneath her back, pulling her to him as he kissed the space between her breasts, then just beneath them, then her stomach, tracing her body and taking in the entirety of the parts he had been missing out on. 

He nibbled on the inside of her thigh, and she squealed and flinched, mostly out of surprise. He chuckled against her soft skin, lined with the chills that he made erupt on her flesh. 

She moaned, "Kakashi."

To which he hummed in acknowledgement.

"Come here."

Slightly disappointed, he traced her body back up to her face. She caught his chin between her fingers and brought his lips back to hers. She paused for a moment, making sure he didn't leave her gaze. "I want to kiss you."

Kakashi grinned and did just as she asked. "As you wish." He muttered, hovering just above her soft lips.

His hands trailed every crevice of her body that he thought wouldn't make her feel uncomfortable. But she was fully willing and eager to succumb to him entirely. She had to grab his hand and guide it to her chest for him to touch her.

Every touch she allowed him to have made him hungrier, but he was so careful. 

Eventually, she pushed him off her. He was so kind and considerate of her, but she frowned. She sat up and said in a shockingly stern tone, "Kakashi, I love you."

The man blinked, processing her words. He brought himself to whisper back, "I love you, too." Once he actually spoke the phrase that had been trapped within his mind and heart for so long, he repeated more confidently, "Eri, I love you. So much more and so much longer than you know."

She grinned cheekily and bit her lower lip. Her face was red, but her stomach fluttered with excitement. She kissed him again, then climbed onto his lip. Her knees were bent on either side of his waist as she pressed her body to his muscular torso. She leaned over his shoulder and seductively hummed into his ear, causing a chill to run down his spine, rushing to every extremity of his body.

"Then just take me already."