one hundred four

They both laid on the grass, soaking in the sounds of the nighttime forest critters and wind brushing through the tall blades. They watched the pink and orange sky turn to violet hues as - one-by-one - stars began to twinkle on the dark velvety expanse above them. It was quiet and peaceful, at least until Kakashi started chuckling to himself.

Eri couldn't help but breath out an awkward laugh in response to his obscure snickering. She raised a brow at him, waiting for him to explain what was going on in his head.

"I can't believe I'm the Hokage." He groaned and pulled his fingers down his face, expressing the stress that came with his new role. But he was still smiling beneath his mask. "Of all the Leaf shinobi..."

"Why wouldn't you be the Hokage?" Eri turned towards him to offer her full attention and ear. She understood and empathized with him and the fit of his personality to leading an entire village. "Aren't you the most eligible ninja in all of Konoha?" She smirked encouragingly; her faith in him was clearly higher than anyone else's - he deserved everything he earned.

"Who decided that?" He hummed.

"The former Hokage." She answered cheekily, then pursed her lips in a sly grin. "But I definitely agree with her."

He looked at her with warmth in his dark eyes. Her words were really the only ones that could genuinely lift his spirits.

"Kakashi, no one in all of Konoha has the level influence and respect that you carry. I think you are the perfect sixth Hokage." She pushed herself to her elbows, then up to her knees so that she could look down at him. "And I am proud to stand by your side."

His gaze softened and he hummed, "I'm proud to have you by my side."

She grinned, leaned over him, and tucked one side of her thick hair behind her ear. "The fact that you're literally the man of the village is also really hot." She teased, and he - captivated by her unique beauty that he got to kiss and touch every day of his life - traced her jaw, resting his thumb on the edge of her lower lip.

Her sweet smile twisted into a smirk just before she kissed the tip of his finger, and then sensually took it into her mouth. His face became furiously red as she gently slid her teeth across the skin of his thumb, letting him feel the texture of her tongue as she slowly pulled her head back. Seeing his flustered reaction, she chuckled mischievously.

When she let him go, he shyly and uncharacteristically dropped his arm over his eyes, hoping his mask covered the rest of his blush. "Damnit." He whispered.

Eri giggled, feeling victorious in the moment. There were few times she could actually make him so embarrassed.

Kakashi composed himself, but only slightly, and quickly sat up, grabbed her by her lower back and thigh, and easily slid her underneath him. She squeaked, but continued to giggle light-heartedly.

"You think you won..." The man muttered, and she could hear the pouting in his voice without seeing his face. He lowered his head to her ear, his mask now pulled down to his neck. Forgetting that she did not remember the years that they had spent together, he taunted, "but, you know I've never lost."

Her soft skin erupted in chills beneath his tender touch. He slid his knee between her legs and kissed her neck, sucking on the thin skin that made her tremble. That was all it took to turn her giggling into moaning.