ninety-one

The kiss lasted for a long seven seconds; not an awkward seven seconds, but a very deep and intense few moments

The kiss lasted for a long seven seconds; not an awkward seven seconds, but a very deep and intense few moments. It was an emotional kiss, but it wasn't active or passionate. Kakashi's lips just connected with Eri's and stayed there, melting into her perfect touch.

He then stepped back and looked at her, seeing streams of tears relentlessly falling down her cheeks. "Why are you crying?!" He gasped with a jump of shock. 

She gently touched her face, feeling the sticky remnants of the salty droplets as the dripped from her jaw to the hem of her robe. "Ah, I'm not sure." She laughed uncomfortably, but the tears kept coming. "I guess I'm feeling a lot of things right now."

"Good? Bad? Care to fill me in a little bit?" He closed his eye and grinned, but his brow was furrowed in concern and confusion.

"I don't know." She was just as overwhelmed as he was.

"You don't know?"

"Kakashi, I have two years of memories missing, but the two years of feelings are still there."

"What does that mean?" 

"I have a very overwhelming amount of feelings for you and I have no idea why or how." No matter how much she wiped the tears away, she kept crying.

"Eri..." He sighed, then grabbed her wrists and pulled them around his waist. He hugged her, rubbing her upper back and letting his cheek rest on the top of her damp head. "I'm sorry for doing that so suddenly."

"Don't apologize." She muttered. She felt so comfortable in his arms. "I asked you for that."

"Did you -"

"Kakashi." The girl moved both her palms to his chest and looked up at him with wide, watery orbs. 

He looked away as a blush creeped in on his pale skin. He mumbled, "don't look at me like that."

He was so tall that merely standing on her toes wasn't enough for her to reach his face. She stood there - staring at him - and waited for him to look back at her while she pouted. 

Feeling her eyes pierce through his body, he dared to look back at her again. Trying to figure out what was going on through her head, he whined, "What?"

"Kiss me again."

She could feel his muscles become tense beneath her fingers. "Demanding, are we?"

"Please?"

"Eri, I can't let this happen if you're confused." As much as he wanted to meet her ask, he was still hurt by everything that happened, but it wasn't by anything of her fault. 

"I'm not confused anymore."

His dark eye flickered with hope, then dulled once more. "What about Anko?"

"We broke up."

"What? Why?"

"For the same reason why I'm here."

"She knows you're here, with me?"

Eri nodded and shyly looked at the ground. "I think deep down she understood things that I didn't. She knew that... in the end -"

She couldn't finish her sentence because her lips were claimed once more, but this time was heavier.

She released a long sigh as she melted into the kiss and wrapped her arms around the man's strong shoulders. Her body instinctually curved into his as he squeezed her waist.

When she gasped for breath, she stopped him from going for another passionate kiss. "Kakashi, Kakashi."

He paused - as she wished - with hunger in his eyes.

"I need you to know that I want you." 

He groaned, growing impatient.

"I'm serious."

"You better be." He grumbled.

"And?"

"And what?"

"Do you, or will you, I don't know.... do you want me?" Her face was red with embarrassment.

He smirked with a short breath. "Why don't I just show you?" He pressed his lips to hers again so intensely that she squeaked in surprise before allowing herself to lose herself in the kiss.