eighty-five

"I like feisty Eri." Anko hummed bemusedly, the mischievous twinkle in her eye glowing ever-so-brightly. Her low voice made the said girl blush, but it became significantly darker when she used Eri's relief to turn the tables.

She exchanged her wrists for Eri's, grabbing her and pushing her down on the couch where she could easily crawl over her.

Eri yelped in surprise as Anko slowly traced her jawline with her tongue, earning a chuckle from the more domineering one. "You started it, Eri-chan. Don't get weak on me now."

Through pinkened cheeks, Eri smirked. "Who said I was getting weak?" She raised a brow, then arched her back and lifted her head to claim Anko's mouth again, where she quickly demanded entrance for a brief few moments before tugging on her lower lip and letting her body fall again.

She had finally made Anko blush. Her tawny eyes were lit with hunger as her lips parted expectantly. She let her body fall on top of Eri's and released her wrists so that she could grab her hip.

Unknowing of the inner turmoil Eri was dealing with in regard to Kakashi, Anko started to kiss her more slowly and sensually, savoring every moment.

That was the moment that Eri decided the couldn't see Kakashi alone again, and she wanted to pursue what was happening with Anko; it felt more certain.

----------

That resolve lasted for about three weeks. 

Kakashi could tell immediately - by the next time that he saw her - that Eri was keeping her distance. Over the first week, he saw Anko attached to her side. Whenever he tried to talk to the girl he was trying to win over, she was right there, giving him a suspicious look with her pointed eyes.

But as more time went on, Eri grew to miss him. She had an empty, longing hole deep within her chest that she tried so hard to identify and fill, but she couldn't. 

The troubled man's own heart welled with pain as more time passed and Eri distanced herself further and further from him. Even the brief times he did talk to her, she couldn't bring herself to look him in the eye, and he missed her dark, wonder-filled gaze.

After three weeks of this, and Anko's confidence continuing to grow in her and Eri's relationship, she had begun to call Eri her girlfriend and walk around holding her hand, particularly when they encountered Kakashi, who sparked a flame of jealousy within Anko.

So as Kakashi was on his way to meet Tsunade, carrying a solemn aura as he always did in not being able to spend time alone with Eri, he encountered the two women who clearly weren't expecting to pass by him. 

They were tucked around a corner - outside of the sight of general passerby's - as Eri leaned back against the wall, Anko's hands pinned on either side of her head as she leaned over the shorter girl, taking the brief moment of solitude to kiss her. And when Kakashi innocently witnessed it, overwhelming hurt pierced through his chest all over again, as if his heart wasn't being stabbed over and over again whenever he saw them at all and didn't get to spend time with the one he loved.

Eri didn't even see him.

He quickly rushed to the Hokage, but instead of searching for a mission as he originally intended, he sighed heavily and said, "I need a vacation."