one

Konoha's famous - or infamous - Copy Ninja hung in the bushes, nearly invisible and undetectable by his over-zealous young genin. He pulled his novel from the pocket of his jacket and leaned on his heels, preparing for the long wait until he'd reveal himself to his frustrated and lost students who would have failed to find him by then. Heat flushed over his cheeks, luckily covered by his mask, as he read the suggestive scene on the pages.

He was shamefully eager for this part. The protagonist had conquered the heart of the girl he was after and she was succumbing to his every touch, kiss, and move. It was the good part that the novel series was known for. The author never failed in fulfilling his very specific audience. And, it was far more interesting than attempting to train a dynamic group of kids.

"Don't get too careless, Kakashi-sensei." A rough voice threatened behind the man, and he could practically hear the smirk in his tone.

Kakashi slammed his novel shut, disappointed he couldn't enjoy the part he was looking forward to and dodged two kunai knives that flung towards him. "Don't get too cocky, Sasuke." He hummed back to his eager protégée.

The sensei - with striking silver hair and half his face covered in form-fitting, yet breathable fabric - stepped from his hiding spot, revealing himself to his other two students who were stunned to find out he was so close to them. He quickly moved his hands and fingers into different signs and drew in a deep breath, signaling for the attack to come to fend off the most talented of the genin.

A cannon of fire spewed from his mouth, forcing Sasuke to dodge, but leaving an opening for the less-aware students: the rebellious Naruto Uzumaki and the smart, yet unfocused Sakura Haruno.

Granted, they were still genin recently graduated from the academy, so it didn't take any real effort for Kakashi to dodge their clumsy attacks. They were, however, progressing quicker than his prior failed students.

He heard a crackling noise almost like twigs snapping coming from relatively far off, clearly not from their training session. In realizing this, he suddenly froze and held out his palms sternly signaling for the three kids to stop and pay attention as well.

"Did you hear that?" Kakashi questioned quietly, knowing that they most likely weren't aware enough to recognize the distant sound.

"I noticed some type of commotion a little ways away." Sasuke commented, living up to his potential.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Naruto complained loudly with a huff, folding his arms over his orange jacket impatiently.

"Hush." The older man ordered and listened again. The ruffling was getting louder, and the tops of trees began to move opposite to the breeze, releasing birds that were rustled from their perches. Quickly, he raised his voice, "Watch out!"

He and his students leapt to the side; just in time as a gale of wind violently spiraled through the opening, barreling through the surface of the grass and leaving a crevice in the dirt in its wake.

The wind dissolved when it collided with a particularly broad tree. A woman stood there on shaky legs, her arms crossed over her face and chest to guard herself. When she lowered them, she revealed that her clothes were torn, and her skin was scraped and bruised. Blood dribbled from her mouth, surely from the impact of being thrown across several meters and forced into rough bark. Her black eyes were squinted and quivering in pain as rusty mauve strands of hair fell from their tie one by one.

She flicked her gaze to Kakashi and his students for a brief moment, then returned her attention to the direction she was flung from, not having time to consider anything else. She didn't wear a village plate signaling her allegiance anywhere, but she wore kunoichi-like clothing, signifying her status as a fellow ninja.

"Go back to the village." The silver-haired man ordered. "I'll take care of what's going on here."

"But Kakashi-sensei -" Naruto began, only to be cut short.

"Go!"

The three genin were in noposition to protest as another gale-like gust of wind forced them to dodgeagain, furthering them from their teacher who was ready to engage in battle,although he wasn't sure who his enemy actually was.