six

"I don't think so." Tsunade - the fifth Hokage - stated bluntly, folding her arms over her notably voluptuous chest.

Eri smiled with respect, but it was slightly sad. She bowed politely, receiving the answer she expected when Kakashi asked for approval for her to have semi-permanent residence and protection in Konoha.

"Tsunade-sama, there were several Kirigakure shinobi hunting her down. She doesn't have some kind of secret agenda." The silver-haired man began to argue with his superior.

"Kakashi." The still new young woman said in a soft voice. He turned to look at her with a wide eye. "It's fine. I understand."

"Eri Zayaka." Tsunade suddenly spoke up again with a stern expression in her warm-colored eyes. The tone of her voice commanded the attention of everyone in the room, which included her right-hand assistant, Eri, and Kakashi. "What is your affiliation with the Mist Village?"

The said girl folded her arm over her chest. "The Zayaka clan used to be located on the outskirts of the village, so we were never directly associated with Kirigakure like your village and the Uchiha. We also rarely use our kekkei genkai for fighting purposes, so we were never close to the center of things. I also never lived in the center of the village."

"Are you a Kirigakure kunoichi?" The blonde woman asked bluntly.

"I am not." Eri answered honestly. "I'm actually not a ninja at all. I've just learned how to use my kekkei genkai in a way that a kunoichi would."

The Hokage's strict eyes flicked towards Kakashi. "You think you can trust her?"

The man nodded. "I do."

"Alright." She stood, placing her palms on her desk with a heavy sigh. "Then you can look after her."

"Huh?" Eri blinked, vocalizing the same surprise that Kakashi experienced.

"She can stay in Konoha for now, but under your care. She will stay with you and will not leave your sight. Do you understand?"

"You mean, like a mission?" The man asked, just as shocked as Eri was.

"Sure. Call it that if you want: an extended mission." Tsunade waved him off, clearly over their dilemma and preparing for the next thing she had to deal with as the Hokage. "I understand her side of things, but we can't just open our arms to her and trust her right away. So, you need to keep an eye on her. At all times. And basically, live with her." As she was explaining, she had made her way to the door, her assistant beside her. She opened the door and said, "I trust you'll complete this "mission" with success." With that, she left the room.

Kakashi released a long breath and leaned on the Hokage's desk. "Well, it looks like we're roommates for the time being."

"I guess so." Eri hummed in agreement. He had been good to her thus far, and since she was feeling better, she could take care of herself in case she felt threatened. "You're also kind of my babysitter, according to the Hokage."

He clicked his tongue and rolled his eye. "Whatever that's supposed to mean."

"You never know, I could be some kind of secret Kirigakure spy sent to take down all of Konoha. You have to keep an eye on me." She smirked, sarcasm dripping from her tone. But she did understand where Tsunade was coming from and respected that. She would have probably instituted something similar if she was in the Hokage's position.

"If you posed the slightest threat to Konoha, I would know about it and sense that something was off." He stood tall again, then shoved his hands in his pockets and headed for the door. "And if you ever thought of doing anything threatening," He gave her a stern, confident stare, "I could stop you in one movement."

"Whoa,okay there, Mr. Cocky." The girl raised her hands to show her innocence,but his demeanor couldn't keep her from giggling. He was quite the characterand she was having fun being around him.