forty-two

The light-haired man was clearly enjoying Eri's fear and helplessness. Screaming was pointless, so she cried as he did as he pleased; touching her, fondling her, kissing her without her permission, everywhere except her mouth that he had tied a sheet around to gag her. He had forced his way between her legs and pulled her shirt up, exposing her and kissing below her chest and down her stomach.

She could feel him laugh against her cold skin and it made her nauseous. In any way possible, she tried to brace herself for what presumably would happen next. He pinched the hem of her shorts at her waist and started to pull them down, already having violated her over the barrier of fabric.

He paused, and emotional, scared, and humiliated, she tore her wrists from him and quickly formed a hand seal. Her distress fueled enough chakra that created a massive, cloud-like force at her extremities. It threw the man across the room and shoved her back, slamming them into the walls across the room from each other.

Her legs shook as she rose to her feet. She was in no position to fight, and she felt like she had just expelled most of her chakra in the intense, passionate defense.

The still unnamed intruder wiped the blood that dribbled from his mouth, but he chuckled once more. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I knew you wouldn't submit easily."

She stared at him. It wasn't threatening but filled with terror.

"You know what? I think I'll use you for a while longer."

She was confused but didn't dare to ask of anything. 

"You are mine, so I will come for you again." He warned with a greedy, menacing grin. "But in the meantime, I will always be right behind you, watching you and every move you make."

Incredibly weakened, Eri couldn't step out of the way fast enough before the man grabbed her and pinched her chin, just like he did when she was an innocent child. He placed a kiss on her forehead that made her stomach churn, then he casually left the room through the door as if he was suddenly a decent and upright gentleman.

As soon as the door closed behind him, the helpless girl collapsed to the floor in a fit of tears. Gasping for air, she couldn't utter any wails or noises over the shame and fear that washed over her. She knew what having a kekkei genkai meant in the prior era of Kirigakure. She knew she faced hostility and had faced it before, but she never felt so hopeless and weak. 

She couldn't sleep well for at least a month after that, and she constantly had nightmares of his forceful touch, icy eyes, and sinister smirk. 

Until she met Kakashi.

Since Eri had been living with the kind, yet peculiar Konoha shinobi she didn't have a single nightmare.

This terrifying man was a ninja of the group that she and Kakashi were scouting. She suddenly felt the urge to break away from the strong, warm hands that held her. She didn't want to be touched as she stifled tears that came with the memories of seeing the unnamed man's face.

Eri pulled Kakashi's hands from her, and he respected the space she needed, knowing something was very wrong.

"The man with the blue-gray hair and blue eyes," She pointed, avoiding looking at her companion in fear of falling apart. "I've run into him before. He's a very strong former Kirigakure shinobi. He's skilled in taijutsu and uses a medical-based ninjutsu that allows him to paralyze the limbs attached to any joint he touches."

He didn't ask questions, sensing that it wasn't the time and choosing to trust what she had to say in the moment. They spotted three more ninjas present at the abandoned house; one appeared to be from Kirigakure, another from Sunagakure, and the last was from Amegakure, suggested by the clothes they wore. None of them had the symbols of their villages anywhere on them.

"This is a group that either hates kekkei genkai or seeks to take it for themselves." Eri concluded.

"Do you think we can take them?"

She hummed thoughtfully, then suggested, "It looks like two of them are about to leave. We can take the three, then catch up to the other two."

"Even with the super strong guy you encountered before?"

"Let me handle him." She declared bluntly. "We know Tomiichi is useless without his genjutsu, and we know nothing about the third one, so please let me take care of that one."

He could tell this was important to her and had no problem granting her request. "As you wish."