seventy-seven

Even though she had seemed to have been working harder, Eri felt like she had to step up after Anko had basically solved the mystery of their mission and all they had left to do was take down their target.

She also wanted to impress her mission partner.

So before Anko could act and their target was able to hide in the eerie alley, Eri formed a hand seal and took to her invisible walkway. 

Within a few seconds, a strange shadow cast over the unknown man, but by the time he thought to look up, all he could see was a cloud stretching over the moon. Confused, he went back to what he doing: scowering the damp allies to search for an unassuming, potentially intoxicated victim. 

Yet, he was so oblivious. Eri was already behind him. Her feet hit the ground, and that's when he finally heard her. He turned on his heels, but before she was visible, she swung her leg around and landed a heavy kick in his side.

Unbalanced, he toppled forward. It only took one more kick to get him on the ground. The kunoichi shoved a knee to his lower back and the sole of her boot on the back of his neck, keeping him from getting up. She hadn't even broken a sweat. 

Anko had barely blinked as the scene occurred. 'Damn...' she thought, '... that was hot.'

The man tried to grab Eri's ankle, yet wasn't able to as the sharp tips of kunai knives pierced his sleeves - having been aimed perfectly - and pinned them to the ground.

"Oops, I missed your flesh." The violet-haired jonin giggled with sarcasm dripping from her tone. "I meant to teach you a lesson about trying to touch my Eri, but I guess my aim wasn't sharp enough." She was practically hissing, although her aim wasn't off at all.

Eri stumbled when she heard her say 'my Eri,' but not enough to release their target.

And after a successful capture and drop off at the local jail where Yugakure did actually have the resources to contain him. He honestly was not much of a threat anyway, so it had Anko and Eri questioning why they were called in the first place.

However, they still had to celebrate after a successful mission completed.

"Drinks!" Anko cheered, pumping her fist in the air excitedly.

"Anko..." Eri sighed, but grinned nonetheless. The other woman's energy was contagious. "It's the middle of the night."

"Even better."

The mauve-haired girl rolled her dark eyes and chuckled. "Whatever."

Upon a semi-wise decision, the two decided to take sake back to their room, although for them, it wasn't exactly certain what was the wise decision. Anko had, of course, managed to also collect far too many sweets.

So, they drank and laughed and had way too much sugar and alcohol. Anko wasn't particularly protective of her treats, and actually seemed willing to share.

Yet she kept getting closer to Eri. Before long, she was practically leaning over the shorter girl as they had random conversations that were barely coherent. 

Suddenly, Anko planted a kiss on Eri's cheek. "Eri-chan, you're so cute." She hummed with a raspy drawl. They're cheeks were already warm and red from the drinking, so she couldn't tell how much she flustered the unsuspecting girl.

Anko leaned back and picked up another piece of chocolate.

Liquid courage flowing within her veins, Eri grabbed Anko's wrists and brought her fingers to her lips, taking the chocolate between her teeth and tasting the other intoxicated woman's finger with her tongue, slowly pulling back in a suggestive manner and letting her teeth gently scrape the pads of her fingers. She flicked her big, dark eyes up, meeting tawny ones that wavered in shock.

Nearly gasping, Anko muttered, "I'm too drunk for this."