seventy-four

Back in Konoha, Kakashi couldn't sleep without Eri; it was even worse at the thought of her with Anko. He trusted the suspicious kunoichi to take care of and protect their village with her life, but when it came to any kind of personal situation, he knew her to be the kind of person to test all of the boundaries to the point of disregarding them all together.

He had reason to believe that this was absolutely a situation that Anko would enjoy herself far too much with, although he didn't exactly know what that would mean for him. She also wasn't aware of the fact that he and Eri had actually gotten together.

He knew that if he sent one of his ninkens after them, Anko would pick up on it right away and he wouldn't get away with it. So, he had to suck it up and spend sleepless nights thinking about Eri - what she could be doing and how she could be feeling - until she came back and he could unapologetically pursue her.

But, he definitely did not want to know what exactly was happening in the relaxing, open-air baths of Yugakure.

The water was dulled and opaque with the natural nutrients that filled the baths, and while Anko made some questionable, flirtatious comments towards her, Eri didn't feel particularly threatened. She did become shy and embarrassed, but she wasn't afraid. Rather, she was intrigued but kept her distance out of uncertainty.

She leaned over the rocks, resting her cheek on her folded arms as the soothing, steaming water swallowed her from the chest down. She could fall asleep right there as the soreness in her legs from traveling started to dissolve in the warmth. 

She jumped as slender arms suddenly snaked around her shoulders and waist. She could feel her mission partner press her chest to her shoulder blades.

Eri gently grabbed onto the arms around her, becoming shockingly comfortable after the initial shock. "What are you doing?" She muttered, sure that Anko could feel the heat radiating from her face.

The surprisingly forward woman hummed by Eri's ear. "I dunno, I just felt like I wanted to..." She tightened her embrace and nuzzled her nose into the girl's neck.

"Anko, I don't- I just- I- I-" She couldn't get her words out, flustered and confused, but not actively pushing her off.

"Relax, Eri-chan." Anko said in a low and sultry voice, giving her a nickname with a short chuckle, tickling her skin and causing chills to cover her, even in the hot water. 

The violet-haired woman nibbled the soft flesh between Eri's neck and shoulder, earning a squeak from her.

Something within the startled girl switched. She squeezed Anko's arms and pulled her around in front of her, pushing her back against the edge of the pool - gently, but pointedly - and placed her palms on either side of the cheeky woman. She floated above her with a serious expression, earning nothing but a toothy smirk in return.

Rather than saying anything, Eri pinched Anko's chin, drawing her head up so that she could target her neck. She planted a rough kiss there, sucking on the thin flesh until she whimpered.

The mauve-haired girl had left a small, dark bruise that was already becoming purple. With a stern gaze, Eri declared, "I think you got what you deserve."

Anko's grin only grew wider as she gently touched the tender spot on her neck. "Looks like Eri-chan has a dark side." She practically sung.

Confused, the said girl's brows pinched together. 

Anko swam back towards Eri and hovered dangerously close to her face, challenging her directly by staring her directly in her lost, dark eyes. "And I'm here for it."

The mauve-haired young woman felt a sharp pinch on the muscly skin of her butt; she squealed, and the other girl giggled. 

"Are you a masochist?" Eri's voice cracked nervously.

Anko nodded her head side to side, considering her question, and eventually said, "Maybe a little," with a proud smile.

"You're so weird."

"You like it."