twenty-five

"Kakashi-sama," Hosui began with almost glittering brown eyes. "I've always admired you. You really are a big deal in the world of shinobi, and I am just honored to be in your presence."

The said, uncomfortable man stepped back, attempting to gently break free from her while releasing an awkward 'ah.' A bead of sweat slid down his temple as he tried to come up with a respectful way to turn her away. He was so smart when it came to his skills as a ninja, but he was not nearly as adept at dealing with women. He may have been admired by many from afar, but more often than not, he intimidated them.

Eri fell victim to the ugly emotions she was experiencing and proudly walked in between them, pulling their arms apart. The blonde was taken aback while Kakashi was relieved. "I don't see what's so great about him." She huffed, not daring to meet him in the eye as she talked down to him. "He may have a whole lot of natural talent, but he's really just a pervert."

"That's not very nice." He wore a closed-eyed grin, but he didn't know how to react to the mauve-haired girl's shocking bitterness.

"Plus," she glared at Hosui who watched her with a raised brow. "He's already living with a girl." She turned away and confidently strode ahead of them, hiding her red face even though she really didn't know where she was going.

The blonde blinked, regaining her bearings after Eri's outburst. "Wait..." She trailed, turning back to Kakashi, but he was looking at the girl who he lived with with a wide, infatuated eye. "Are you two -"

Before she could finish, the white-haired man of interest rushed past her to catch up with his roommate. He gently tapped her elbow, mimicking what Hosui had done to him, but he didn't have the confidence to grab her or hook his arm with hers. Instead, he simply settled for staying beside her and knowing that she did have some sort of jealousy regarding the situation.

"I see." Hosui pouted behind them. "It's just my luck."

Hosui left Kakashi and Eri at their room after making some sort of connection that the two of them weren't simply just friends or shinobi companions. She solemnly dropped her flirtatious pursuit of the man, although she never really acknowledged Eri's presence.

Either way, they were relieved when she left the two of them alone, having already gotten used to being roommates.

He chuckled and rubbed the back of his head, earning a raised brow from Eri as if to say 'what are you laughing about?'

"I'm just a pervert with a whole lot of natural talent?" He recalled teasingly.

The girl felt embarrassed again, but instead of coming up with a remark, she made a short noise and bit her lip and averted her eyes.

"You weren't jealous, were you?"

Her dark eyes widened with surprise. She realized that, perhaps, she had been jealous and that was why she reacted in the way she did. Still, she whispered, "No."

He hummed in amusement, then he snuck behind her and grabbed her waist. She yelped and froze. "If you wanted to hang on to me, all you had to do is ask." His voice dropped lower and more suggestive. "Or you could have just taken me from her." 

The roles had completely reversed. When she first arrived at the Leaf Village and Kakashi was designated to be her roommate to keep an eye on her, she revealed a side to herself that she only really used to get herself out of trouble, but she found herself enjoying the little game she started. Yet, it didn't take the man long to pick up on it and surpass her. She was completely overwhelmed and couldn't bring herself to counter his teasing.

When Eri couldn't bring herself to respond to him, only contemplating her own emotions, he let go of her. He rubbed the back of his head and announced, "I'm going to take a bath."

She was confused. Part of her wanted to tease and get back at him for him joking with her; another part of her felt like she just wanted to be held by him.