eighty-six

"A vacation?" Tsunade raised a thin brow.

"Yes." Kakashi clarified with confidence.

"Aren't you already on vacation by not being on a mission?"

"I need to go away; to get away from the village."

The blonde pinched the bridge of her nose and rested her elbows on the desk in front of her. "This isn't like you, Kakashi."

"Who says?"

"Anyone that's been around the village knows you're not the type to take vacations."

"Well, they don't know me."

"Idiot." Tsunade sighed heavily, but then, slid a silver key across the desktop. "Take it. I have a cottage on one of the smaller islands around Kirigakure. I stayed there quite a bit when I was traveling." She knew exactly what this was about.

"I didn't think you had this type of thing. I was just planning on wandering off somewhere for a week or so." Kakashi took the key and examined it briefly.

"You're welcome."

"I appreciate it." He stuffed the key in his pocket and turned to leave, then looked back over his shoulder. "And please don't tell Eri where I am."

Tsunade nodded, but she knew that there was no way she wouldn't tell Eri.

----------

News of Kakashi leaving the village for another reason other than a mission traveled quickly, especially among those that had already taken note of the nature of his relationship with Eri.

So, Eri also found out relatively quickly. While she was enjoying what was happening with Anko and liked where things were doing, the person always in the back of her mind was Kakashi. Her and Anko were inseparable, but for as often as they were together, Eri was also thinking of the white-haired man.

And she knew that it wasn't fair to stay on the path she was on while she felt so troubled, uncertain, and confused. Heck, she even dreamt of Kakashi; the first dirty dream was not the last. And, after only two days of not seeing him once, she missed him.

"Anko." Eri began as she laid her head on the said woman's lap. She hummed in acknowledgement, signaling that she was listening, so Eri continued, "I have to be honest about something."

Anko looked down, where Eri's dark eyes seemed to look right through her. Deep down, she knew what was coming, and she knew that it was only a matter of time before this conversation would happen.

"Honestly, I'm really confused." Eri sighed. "I really like you Anko; you're fun, and smart, and make me laugh, and also... 'melt' a little." She gave a small smirk and chuckle before becoming solemn again.

Before she could say more, Anko interjected, "... but there's Kakashi."

Eri looked away and nodded. "I'm just really confused." She sat up and ran a hand through her messy hair. "I don't really understand why, but I feel like I just..."

"You need the time to figure it out."