fifty-seven

Kakashi arrived back at Eri's apartment exactly when he said he would. She had managed to put on her white yukata adorned with pink and burgundy flowers, but she was struggling to tie her belt by herself. Her mauve locks were gathered into a bun, decorated with gold ornaments, and she wore a little more makeup and dark red lipstick that matched her accessories. She definitely put effort into her appearance, but it was solely for the one man she sought to please.

The man just simply took in her elegance and beauty, not finding the right words to describe her, especially considering he wasn't good with words to begin with

"Can you help tie this?" She asked, holding out the ribbon to him. She didn't really expect him to say anything about her efforts.

He nodded and tied the ribbon in a traditional fashion, then trailed his finger around her waist, tracing her body as he circled her. Her robe stylistically fell off her shoulders, so he took advantage.

He nibbled the space between her shoulder and collarbone, earning a yelp from the girl who had just been melting beneath his tender touch. "I can't wait to take this off of you." He muttered.

"Kakashi!" Eri gasped with a shocked, yet pleasant grin. "You're such a pervert!"

"I can't help it." He hummed, pulling her into a tighter embrace. "You're too gorgeous."

She leaned back into him. "Dork."

"I love you, too." He teased with a chuckle.

She squeezed his arm, suddenly feeling a bit insecure and uncertain. "What do you want to do tonight?" She whispered shyly.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you want to, I don't know, go or be public?"

He held her more tightly and planted a kiss on her cheek. "My girlfriend is the most amazing, beautiful, smart, bad-ass in the entire Leaf Village. I want to show her off to anyone and everyone as my partner who is, honestly, far more of a catch than I am." He suddenly professed with a lot more words than he typically used.

But she felt warm and assured as she bit her lip. "I never said I'd be your girlfriend." She began with a mischievous tone.

"That's right. You're just using me for my pretty face and other talents. No strings attached." Kakashi teased back, taking his palm from her shoulder to her chest, pinching the soft flesh above her breast.

She caught his hand and spun around, freeing herself with a laugh and facing her beloved with a bright smile. "Exactly." She sung.

"I think I got the better deal, though." Despite her grip on his hand, he leaned forward and hovered over her nose.

"You think?"

"Just one minute with you and anyone can see it."

"You're such a dork." She slung her arms around his shoulders as he placed his hands on her hips.

"I'm just infatuated."

Eri couldn't keep a smile from her lips. "Hey, Kakashi."

"Hm?" He dropped his forehead on hers.

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Only if you'll be my girlfriend."

The girl chuckled. "We're like teenagers."

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

He kissed her, but before long she had to break the kiss and separate herself from him or else they wouldn't leave the apartment. "We won't even make it to the Festival." She laughed.

"Probably true."

As they walked to the Festival, they didn't hold hands. Something like that felt trivial and forced, but they did hook their pinkies together, maintaining close contact and not hiding the obvious new development in their relationship.

Kakashi shoved his other hand in his pocket upon entering the gates of the event. He was clearly shy as they approached Asuma and Kurenai who were casually hanging out by the entrance. The dark-haired man was smoking a cigarette as the woman chatted with him, both turning as their friends walked up the stone steps with a casual wave.

They were immediately drawn to small gesture of "togetherness" between Kakashi and Eri, and then they had to do a double take. The fact that the girl's cheeks were rosy and the white-haired jonin couldn't look them in the eye gave away that their suspicions were accurate.