seventy-nine

Eri's dark eyes were full of serious intentions, the only part of them wavering were the lighter pupils as she let herself be driven by emotion.

Anko, on the other hand, blinked quickly. She glanced down at the other girl's plush-looking lips before returning to her demanding gaze. She did want to kiss her. Badly. There was no question about it. 

But she didn't want to put herself in a bad position. Eri wasn't someone she could just hook up without any emotion; Eri was special, and Anko was growing some real feelings for her. That scared her, especially knowing that this was a result of the young woman not remembering how close she and Kakashi were. Who knew if she'd regain her memory soon?

So, Anko sighed and took Eri's hand between hers, removing it from her necklace and releasing her. "Eri-chan, I can't do this."

"Are you serious?" Eri raised a brow, clearly getting even more frustrated.

Kakashi headed to Tsunade's office, eager to greet Eri and spend some time with her; he was eager to woo her and bring her back to him, and he wasn't going to let anything stop him.

"Not here. Not now." Anko was sure that her sadness and confusion was obvious in her shaky tawny orbs.

Eri sighed and stood straight, then headed to the ever-so-slightly cracked door with knitted brows. "You report back to Tsunada-sama." Then she looked over her shoulder for a brief moment to mutter in a low tone, "Don't start something you don't plan on following through on, and don't lead me on."

Kakashi couldn't make out her words, but he could already hear Eri's voice. Just the sound of it made him weak. He was so restless to pursue her again.

But in the second that she turned back towards the door, turning her back on Anko, her hand was grabbed by the wrist and her entire body was pulled back, causing her to nearly fall backwards, and she would have if it weren't for the plush body at her back. Fingers pinched her chin and jerked her head to the side, where she was met halfway with heavy, yet soft lips.

Eri drew in a deep breath and melted into the taller girl. When she kissed back, Anko released her chin to trace her jaw and neck, brushing her mauve strands from her skin. Anko then let go of her wrist and gripped her waist, where Eri placed her hand on top of the other woman's and guided it down to her hips.

Eri made a short, high-pitched noise and shifted in Anko's hold on her to kiss her more easily. With the hand that was at her waist, Eri gently took Anko's hand that was at her neck, then slowly brought that one lower to her chest.

One unsuspecting glance through the crack in the open door - which probably shouldn't have been open in the first place, but it was the Hokage's office - was enough to send Kakashi on his heels, holding down emotions as he felt like he wanted to vomit them out.

Heading back to meet the two kunoichi, Tsunade passed by a ghost-like young man that couldn't bear to look up or respond when she gave him a passing "hello;" it seemed as though he couldn't even hear her, and he seemed to be in some sort of aimless rush. She was confused, but had a debriefing to get to, so she didn't press it.

For the first time since Eri found herself in Konoha, Kakashi was alone again, and this time it felt like the world was ending.