ten

Eri's suggestive persona suddenly lifted; she sat back on her calves, dropped her finger from Kakashi's chin, and beamed with the same innocent and charming smile she wore when he introduced himself as the Copy Ninja. It was slightly quirky, making up for her shyness from the start, and the silver-haired man finally realized that this smile revealed a hint of what was behind her initial gentle personality.

"I guess I'm just a bit of a strange woman, then." She stated nonchalantly as if she hadn't just completely invaded his space as someone who was barely more than a stranger.

He could tell that she was undoubtedly kind and warm and friendly, but there was this other side that he just witnessed. He was still trying to understand if it was a part of her personality or a teasing moment. Either way, it caught him completely off guard.

She got up suddenly and went for the kitchen. Once she had gotten up from the couch, he released a heavy breath along with the tension that had built in his body. "Damn," he whispered, quiet enough that she didn't hear how anxious she had made him. He didn't know what he was preparing for or what to even do in that moment, but it certainly made it very clear to him that Eri was very much a woman, and a confident one at that.

He fell backwards in defeat, realizing that watching her like Tsunade ordered was going to be much more difficult that he originally thought, especially considering this new development.

----------

The next morning Pakkun woke Eri up. After a brief discussion of who'd sleep where, Kakashi allowed her to use his bedroom - or rather, insisted - and had Pakkun watch after her and alert him of anything suspicious. He stayed on the couch as he had been.

But he had to train his students that morning, so the dog summon woke up the girl at a reasonable time, but after she got dressed and ready to leave, she left the bedroom to find her roommate still asleep on the couch.

"I've never been successful at getting him up." Pakkun grumbled from the bed. "Good luck."

This made her laugh, seeing the man who had come off as laid-back, yet extremely responsible and an admirable shinobi fail to get up in the morning.

But if they were going to live together, the least she could do was try to get him up. She gently sat beside him and started to push on his shoulders.

He didn't budge. So, she shook him a little harder.

He groaned and turned towards her. His brow furrowed, providing a hint at waking him. Yet, his eye didn't open. Instead, his arms wrapped around her waist, and with quite a strong force, he pulled her down to him and held her much too close for comfort. Granted, she had already pushed the limits.

He pressed his head to her chest and her heart began to race. She felt heat rise to her face and she had to blink a few times to regain her composure. He held onto her torso so tightly that she couldn't wiggle out of his grasp without actually attacking him. It was also surprising to see this confident jonin holding her like a pillow and cuddling up to her. She heard him mutter quietly, "So soft..."

Eri took a deep breath and composed herself. "Kakashi." She said in a relatively normal volume, trying to shake his shoulder again while trying to free herself. "Kakashi." She said louder and more sternly.

Still, nothing.

"Ka. Ka. Shi!" She whined, kicking his abdomen in a further effort to escape his tight, sleepy hug.

She finally freed herself, only to push herself on the ground with a loud thud, pulling his blanket from his body as well as several pillows from the couch. She rubbed her lower back and pouted.

Kakashi looked down on her with a dumb-founded expression in his eye. "What are you doing?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Trying to wake you up." She huffed. "It's a very difficult task."

"Is it?" He hummed obliviously.

"Yes. And I wouldn't be surprised if I developed bruises around my waist by how hard you held me." She rubbed her waist, just beneath her rib-cage.

Still completely unaware of what he had done, he tilted his head to one side.

"Oh, come on. You're late to your own training." She stood and straightened her clothing. She was wearing her usual clothing that had been fixed while she was asleep. She wore a beige-pink sash across one shoulder and down to her hips, held together by an obi-like corset over a black, sleeveless bodysuit. She looked like a kunoichi, and the clothing allowed for easier movement with her kekkei genkai. Her thick, straight hair was tied back in a ponytail that danced around the back of her neck, leaving strands framing her face.

She looked away shyly, still a bit embarrassed in the process of waking Kakashi up. "I made breakfast so you can eat it on the way."

He grinned as though they weren't trying to rush through the door to meet his students. "That's very kind of you. Thank you."

"