fifty-five

Eri woke up with the most fulfilling sense contentment and peaceful happiness that she had ever experienced; she didn't think such a bliss was possible.

Kakashi held her closely, still asleep behind her. She turned around to see his face and rest in his comforting presence. She traced his strong jaw and took in all of his features that weren't usually shown.

He groaned in response to the motion and squeezed her more tightly, hanging onto the moment and not really wanting to get up. She rested her forehead on his with a bright smile and glittering eyes.

"Morning." She whispered, knowing full well that he was awake.

"Morn'..." He grumbled, not able to get the words out.

She continued to gently trace the features of his face, down to the small mole on his chin.

"What are you doing?" He eventually asked, his voice still groggy and slurred with tiredness.

"I love your face." She confessed.

"So, you're just using me for my looks?"

"Yeah, exactly." She teased.

He nuzzled his nose into the space between her cheek and the pillow. "I feel taken advantage of." He matched her sense of mischief, although he still seemed half asleep.

"Oh, poor Kakashi." The girl mocked and ran her fingers through his thick hair.

"So cruel." He whined while he trembled beneath the tender massage of his head.

"Mmhmm."

"I love you, Eri." He stated bluntly. She felt his grip tighten around her nearly bare body, covered only by bed sheets and a t-shirt. The sweet and genuine phrase made her heart melt.

"I love you, too." She whispered warmly. She wondered if the sensation of love and compassion for someone else while feeling the same reciprocated was what it truly meant to be "home;" if "home" really was just where the ones who loved her were, and where she reciprocated that love. The mere concept of "love" - whether for family, friends, or Kakashi - was something she thought she'd never get to experience, so "home" felt even more foreign.

She hummed, then abruptly got up, throwing the sheets off of her and swinging her legs off the side of the bed. She could feel Kakashi frowning behind her.

"I need a shower." She declared, heading for the bathroom of her still unfamiliar apartment.

The man watched as she closed the door and turned on the water. All he could think about was her peeling the t-shirt from her perfectly shaped body, and the hot water slipping down each perfect curve and crevice of her form, making her skin extra smooth and supple under the steam while her wet hair would cling to her neck and shoulders and align with every muscle.

There'd be no waiting for her. With a huff, he climbed from the bed and loudly shoved the bathroom door open, earning a yelp from Eri. Within a moment, he pulled open the shower curtain, nearly sending it off its rail, grabbed her chin, and planted a heavy kiss on her unsuspecting lips.

She protectively folded her arms over as much of her body as possible, but she certainly didn't fight him as he easily made her melt beneath him. He found her wrists and pulled her hands away from her soft chest and hips.

He guided her backwards to the tile wall, and she released a high-pitched grunt as her back hit the wet stone. Pinning her wrists there, he kissed her neck, taking in her entire body that he loved and treasured so dearly, now that he could.

Desiring for her to further succumb to his touch, he nibbled her ear and felt her shiver. He then trailed down her body with more kisses, eventually releasing his grip on her hands, freeing her to trace his muscular, bare back.

"Kakashi..." She moaned, and he responded by picking her up by her thighs and bringing her legs around his waist. He placed his forehead on hers, his silver hair hanging over his eyes and dripping with water and sticking to his skin.

He became an animal, succumbing to the desires that had plagued him for so long, and he would so long as she'd let him. More than anything, however, he never wanted to be apart from her. He couldn't even stand the few hours they were alone, sleeping in two different rooms and two different beds.