Chapter 26.1

Ye Zhan was probably the most unlucky person to wake up from his tender existence to find himself imprisoned in a dark prison where he couldn't see his fingers. No one came to see him even though he was screaming at the top of his lungs, only a few buns and a jar of water were regularly thrown through a small window in the cell door every day.

He once broke a water jar to keep it as a weapon, but as a result no one brought water for three days in a row, but buns were delivered on time.

On the fourth day he couldn't stand the thirst any longer, so he tried to figure out what they meant and put the pieces of the water jar on the small window one by one, until he handed over the last piece and the jar appeared again. This water jar is probably the one he broke, with mending marks all over it.

This time, he never dared to try to break the water jar again. Every day, after drinking water, he put the water jar in the window and waited for someone to pick them up. No matter how hard he tried to entice the other person to speak, he didn't get a single grunt from him.

When Ye Zhan sat in the darkness of the silent prison until the seventh day, he felt that he was going crazy.

The King of Hui who lost the shadow of his trusted confidant Ye Zhan, and was first worried, then became suspicious. Why has Ye Zhan disappeared at this most critical moment?

Why did Huangfu Jie send Ye Zhan back in the first place? Is Ye Zhan still loyal to him?

If Yezhan rebelled, why didn't he lurk around him until the end? If he was taken, then who took him? Huangfu Jie? Why?

The King of Hui summoned his confidants to discuss the matter, and the discussion lasted all night, but still no conclusion was reached. The only thing to do was to have someone secretly find out where Ye Zhan was, while considering changing the plan. Even if he doesn't consider Ye Zhan's defection, he has to consider that Ye Zhan can't endure the punishment and will bring something against him.

On this side, the fifth prince, King Shu, was suddenly reported to have been wounded by an assassin on his way out of the capital for pleasure. Fortunately, the King of Shu had a bit of martial arts background, he finally escaped back to the capital with a group of guards fighting to the death to protect him.

This was the first time that a fifth prince had met an assassination attempt after he left the palace and be granted the title as a king. Who would do it to this idle Wangye? What does the killer want? At one point, the court was in an uproar again.

When Emperor Sheng knew that the Fifth son had been wounded, he did not make any special statement but sent the imperial physician to heal them, then he immediately handed the matter over to the Ministry of Justice for strict investigation.

But after this assassination attempt, the number of guards in the Shu Palace increased dramatically. A few of the personal guards around the king of Shu also changed to some unfamiliar faces.

"Wangye, King Hui has brought someone to visit." The steward came forward and reported with great trepidation. Today's King of Ning is no longer the young man he was able to look directly at, just the other side profile of the opponent's lack of anger alone, it was enough to make him fear the man from the bottom of his heart.

In fact, this lord hadn't done anything to him, but he was just afraid. Even a single glance was enough to make him tremble for half a day. He received a few gifts from this lord when he first came back, and when he went to look at them later he found that they had all disappeared, after that, he saw the accountant, Qian Ruogu, ordering people to take those gifts and exchange them for silver and donate them to charity.

The Wangye, who was on his way out, glanced at him, but he almost wet his pants in fear.

Finally, you can't sit still? Huangfu Jie smiled in his heart.」