Chapter 19.2

King An advises General Liu to raid the Xiongnu before the spring when the cold and frozen earth melted.

The reason was that the Xiongnu's strength was in their cavalry, but now the frozen soil had not yet thawed and the grass had not yet grown, and there was not enough food or livestock to go around. The Daya infantry, however, had 160,000 men and could be supplied with food, so if they could speed up their march they could catch the Xiongnu by surprise.

King An's plan was opposed by many of his generals. From November to the next year on March is the truce period, which was the tacit agreement of both sides. Not to mention that there is no more peace to be had by breaking this rule, and it is doubtful whether the Daya soldiers will be able to kill the enemy camp in the steep spring chill. It's a kind of move where you kill one thousand enemies but lose eight hundred of your own* that no one wants to use when it's not at the last moment.

General Liu is hesitating. Huang Fu Jie also has not made a statement.

According to the news from his grandfather, the emperor is in good health and now he dotes on a Cairen* who just gave birth to a prince at the beginning of the year. The emperor Longyan is very happy. He immediately made the Cairen a second rank Chongyi*.

The fifth prince is also granted as a king, but he has been staying in capital for two years. Because there are three examples of princes before him of which granted the title king but was not granted the fiefdom, the crown prince's faction didn't respond much to this.

However, in regard to King An, who was appointed as the military inspector of the army shortly after returning to Beijing, The Crown Prince's faction seems to be very nervous, and even plans to unite with King Hui to eliminate the King An's faction.

Huang Fu Jie understood why King An was so impatient. Although he had made some military achievements in the past three years, it was not enough to shock their royal father, nor to shake the crown prince's present status.

He would have to do something earth-shattering if he wanted to win a place in the court with the crown prince and the second son. For example: fighting off the Xiongnus.

And he has to move faster. Otherwise, the night will be long and dreamy* and when the eldest brother and the second brother feel threatened by him and decide to join forces to attack him first, he will surely die even if he has the support of General Liu behind him.

Huang Fu Jie suddenly laughed. What did Zhang Ping say to him? ------- A man is forced by their situation.

That's pretty true.

Third hadn't been so eager to show off his talent and want to overpower the eldest and second oldest, if Lao Third hadn't had some merit and wanted to return to the capital to receive it, if Lao Third's desire to be an emperor hadn't been so obvious, maybe he wouldn't have had to prove his abilities so impetuously.

But the third can't act mediocre, and his mother's family wouldn't allow it in the first place. As he gets older, the more interests he has implicated behind him. Gradually, he became symbiotic with those interests, and even if he wanted to retreat, the interested party behind him would not let him.

This is the greatest sorrow of being a prince. The young child was being whispered all day long that he would grow up to be an emperor in the future, and slowly, that's all he wanted to do in life.

They are a group of people who have no way back. And when one of them becomes the emperor, in order to balance the power, they have to marry the daughters of the powerful minister, so the cycle goes on and on.

Touching his face, if he hadn't been born so ugly, would he have been forced to dance on the fire like the Third brother and not know it? Or will he turn out to be like Second brother, who would take advantage from left and right* yet always ready to stab someone on the back? Or could he also become Crown Prince, a target for everyone who wants to kill him