Chapter 27.1

Today, Emperor Sheng wakes up with a startle from his sleep.

He is not the emperor on a horseback*, and has no experience in leading troops into battle, but his vigilance is not lost to any general who has returned from the battlefield. It can be said that he was born with it, or it can be said that he deliberately cultivated it later in life. In any case, this vigilance has saved him many times.

What about this time? Is it too late?

Emperor Sheng pushed back the blanket and sat up, looking at the gauze veil not far away with a sense of foreboding.

The young eunuch on guard heard the movement and whispered a question outside the gauze tent, "Your Majesty, are you up for the night?"

Emperor Sheng pondered for a moment and spoke, "Go and see if the guards are still at the door."

The young eunuch wondered how it was possible that the guards were not guarding the door? But still he complied and open the door.

"Thud." Something's fallen.

The cold wind came in through the door, lifting the heavy veil and falling to the ground again.

"Imperial Father, this son bids you good day."

There were a dozen bodies on the ground, and only a moment ago there was a fight to the death.

The two secret guards that Emperor Sheng left around for close protection died, and Huangfu Jin also paid a great price, and the assassins he hired at great cost are all accounted for here as well.

Huangfu Jin stood at the head of Emperor Sheng's bed, holding the prepared decree in his hand, bending down to plead with his father to stamp the jade seal on it.

Emperor Sheng did not look at him, but cast his eyes outside. The gauze tent that hid the view had been raised high and hung to the sides, the door was open and the outside was dark.

"Where is Yang Xiao?"

"Captain Yang has been taken into custody by General Tao." Huangfu Jin replied respectfully. He did not want to come to this point, but the state of affairs is not up to him..

"Tao Zhenggang?"I thought you had torn your facade* with Lao four, but it turns out you were just doing it for me to see. Although the Emperor Shen is in a weak position, but the imperial prestige remains.

"This son are just beating somebody on their own game*"

"beating somebody on their own game*? What did Lao four tell you? Did he tell you that I've got Yezhan arrested so that he can stir up the relationship between you and him? "

Huangfu jin didn't answer.

"Foolishness! How could you have been fooled by such a delicate person? "Emperor Sheng laughed at his son.

"Foolish! You are a person with a sophisticated mind*, how could you fall for such a trick?" The Emperor Shen laughed at his own son.

"Because this son also needs an excuse to work with him." Huangfu Jin replied indifferently.

Emperor Sheng sneers, "You are undoubtedly scheming with a tiger."

"You may think that this is this son last desperate maneuver*"

"I don't seem to have pushed you to this extent, do I?"

Huangfu Jin shook his head, showing the first smile since entering the palace, "This son just don't want to give up this throne to someone else. And it seems that the father has no intention of passing this throne to this son, so I have no choice but to find a way to take it myself."