Chapter 23.1

The next morning, King Ning summoned several of his confidants for a secret talk.

The two great masters, Zhao and Yang, have left the capital and are currently wandering nowhere. Qing Yun and Bai Lian had also married and left the palace after receiving permission from the King of Ning. Master Zhao recruited a disciple as he was leaving.

When Zhang Ping first saw this stealthy senior visiting in the barracks, he couldn't believe that this person was the Fourth Prince's elder martial brother.

Qian Ruogu, a middle-aged man with a very elegant name, but a very nasty look.

The word "shifty-eyed" was used to describe his appearance and even he walked like a thief. But not only was he not a famous thief, he was also an accountant in charge of the money.

This money-loving accountant had been at the King Ning residence for two years, even the harshest and demanding steward of the whole residence, couldn't pick out his faults.

As soon as Huangfu Jie returned, he had a private conversation with this man all night.

Even Zhang Ping didn't know what they had talked about.

There are five others present this morning besides this money-loving accountant.

Feng Yushan, the entire capital now knew him as the advisor to the King of Ning.。

Tao Zhenggang, the newly appointed general of the Capital city guard, will henceforth assist the Crown Prince in commanding the capital's soldiers.

Liu Qizhong, Zhu Bing, these were the two seriously injured patients that Huangfu Jie and Zhang Ping carried out back then. After being trained by Zhang Ping in the past few years, his martial arts skills have greatly improved and he is now the head of King Ning's guards.

There was another person, a person whose origin was known to no one but the King of Ning. When Zhang Ping had found this man seriously wounded and dying among the military slaves, he had been moved with compassion and saved him back only to find that he was too badly injured. Huangfu Jie ordered the military doctor to save him, but in the end, he let him "die" again. Sometime later, a man named Di Er was added to the cavalry camp.

There were still quite a few people of similar unknown origin in the cavalry and archery, now these people had all moved on to the King Ning Wang residence to do menial or guard work. Zhang Ping also knew that some of them had left the army but had never returned home with them. Where had Huangfu Jie sent them to?

Then there's this Di Er. He didn't know what unique skill he possesses that made Huangfu Jie attach great importance to him.

What made Zhang Ping angry was that this person called Di Er was clearly the one he carried back from the military slave camp. But this Di Er was completely unfaithful to him, seeing him as if he hadn't seen him.

Six confidants, plus him for a total of seven. Huangfu Jie sat on the top seat and he stood behind him.

It was reasonably the first time the six had met together, but as if by discussion, everyone found their seats, and there was absolutely no case of two people looking at the same seat at the same time.

On the left, in order are Feng Yushan, Qian Ruogu, Liu Qizhong; on the right, in order of Tao Zhenggang, Di Er, Zhu Bing.

"This time, His majesty the emperor may want to follow the example of the late emperor. Before the current emperor succeeded, the late emperor also did not bestow fiefdom for the princes, but only gave them the title of Wangye. It was not until the emperor succeeded to the throne that the princes left the capital. It is said that the late emperor's action was to prevent the princes from stirring up trouble in the fiefdom, to the detriment of the then Crown Prince. " Feng Yushan analyzed.