Chapter 17.2

That night, Huang Fu Jie asked to see Emperor Sheng and said that he was sincere to Qiu Xinlan and didn't want to make things difficult for her, he was even more reluctant to force the Qiu family by his father's hand. He is willing to wait for Qiu Xinlan to change her mind for him. If not, he would also wish happiness for Qiu Xinlan.

Emperor Sheng seemed to be moved by his fourth son's true feelings and indicated that he will no longer question this matter.

The story spread, and people say the ugly prince is not ugly at heart. He is also one-sidedly devoted to the daughter of the Qiu family, thus he is a man of genuine feeling.

Of course, there are also people who know that Huang Fu Jie has gone out to play with a servant and mistreated concubines. What they say became the ugly fourth prince, the toad who wants to eat swan meat, just loosens the reins to grasp them better*

The Qiu family was also hesitating, originally according to King Hui, they would never end up marrying their daughter to King Ning. But now, his own daughter's heart wavered and offered to meet King Ning.

So Huang Fu Jie and Qiu Xinlan really met quietly outside.

"Can you take the mask off and show me?" At the end of the walk, Qiu Xinlan asked Huang Fu Jie.

Huang Fu jie smiled, "This King is afraid to scare Miss Qiu."

"Its okay. "

Seeing that Qiu Xinlan insisted on seeing, Huang Fu Jie sighed and took off the mask.

Qiu Xinlan was surprised at first, then calmed down.

"I'm sorry, this King didn't mean to scare you." Huang Fu Jie put the mask back on.

"I'm the one who should say sorry." Qiu Xinlan's face flushed slightly, "I was just startled because of the birthmark on your face, when in fact you...weren't as rumored."

"Thanks Miss Qiu for your comfort." Huang Fu Jie thanked her with his hand.

Qiu Xinlan lowered her head, dangled a small handkerchief, and whispered, "And you are not as rude as rumors."

" Ha ha the rumors are terrible." Huang Fu Jie laughed indifferently.

"Thank you for coming to see me today." Qiu Xinlan greeted and left quietly accompanied by the maid.

Huang Fu Jie looked at the girl's departing back, and said in his heart that what Zhang Ping had said was true, and that his appearance was not as nightmarish to passers-by. At least now a great lady saw him and was only startled, but did not show fear. Of course it also has to do with the modesty that he purposefully shows.

"This girl is very nice." Zhang Ping suddenly said.

Huang Fu Jie turned back, "Yes, her family has taught her well. That gracefulness is probably a preparation for the future of an empress. Haha."

"Qiu Daren supports King Hui. This is something everyone knows. Does he want to marry Miss Qiu to King Hui?"

Huang Fu Jie nodded his head. "It's a pity that the Ye family took the lead first*. Perhaps Lao second favors the Ye family more than the Qiu family, so he gave the princess consort seat to Ye Zhan's younger sister."

"How is the Qiu family still willing to work for King Hui? So much that they can agree to marry their daughter to you just because King Hui said so?"

"Ha ha." Huang Fu Jie smiled, "You are indeed smart, but you don't know much about human nature. The Qiu family and King Hui are like grasshoppers tied to one rope*. Their family has a deep relationship with Hui Wang, and they can 't finish talking with just a few words "