Extra Story 2 Part 3

"Yes, This humble one understand." Eunuch Wang and Wang Sheng laughed together knowingly as Wang Sheng bent down and retreated.

Zhang Ping finished the pear in two bites, threw the core on the table, and looked at the head eunuch of the Food Division, "Wang Gonggong, I am new to this place, if you have time, why don't you show me around?"

"Good, but the keys to the treasury are not all with me ......," said Wang Gonggong, making his difficulty clear.

"No problem, I'm just taking a casual look." Zhang Ping was curious to see the difference between what he had seen two nights ago when no one had taken him and what he would see today when someone had taken him. Hopefully the problem is only with the place where we don't have the key.

"Oh, it's good that the Chief Steward doesn't blame us. Please come with me, Zhang Gonggong Ah, if you dont mind your basket, you might as well leave it here, it's easy to walk on the path"

Zhang Ping lifted the basket and shook it, saying quite directly, "I was hoping you had something here that you didn't want so I could take it with me."

"Ha ha! Please come with me, Chief Steward."

After strolling through the Food Division and then to the Planting Division, Zhang Ping was stopped by the chief eunuch of the Internal Affairs Division who was apparently waiting at the roadside ready to intercept him. This was a quick message. Zhang Ping sighed a little in his heart.

As soon as the head eunuch of the Department of Internal Affairs saw him appear, he immediately ran up to him and called out warmly, "Eunuch Zhang, I can see you now. Why don't you come and sit down with me?

"Liu Gonggong, is there something wrong?" Zhang Ping stopped in his tracks. Since he had taken up his post, none of these old fogeys had taken him seriously, and they had been obeying him in every way. When he asked Jie what to do, he was told in four irresponsible words: "You're in charge."

OK, you want to see what I'm capable of, right? Then I'll do it my way - hang you guys out to dry first.

This hung them out to dry lasted for over a year. And now that he had gathered all the things he needed to gather, and found the people he needed to find, now he knew seven or eight percent of what he didn't know, it was almost time for him to reap the rewards.

"Daren, you should make a decision for me!" Eunuch Liu suddenly let out a sob, and his eyes turned red when he said so.

Holding his sleeve and wiping the corners of his eyes, Eunuch Liu cried out, " Zhang Gongong, I'm suffering! The emperor does not know what is going on in the palace, and because he has reduced the number of eunuchs and palace maids by half, he thinks that the amount of money spent can also be reduced by half. This year, the money allocated to the palace is less than half of what it was in previous years. But in addition to people's clothing, food, housing and transport cost money, the palace building to maintain, flowers and plants to raise, horses, rare animals to raise which on of it does not cost money?

"The Fu family, which is responsible for the weaving in the palace, even sent a letter the other day saying that they wanted to increase the salary of their workers. You see, this year, with such a small amount of money, how can we make ends meet? As the supervising chief steward, you must think of something for the workers under you."

"That serious?"

"Yes, yes, yes. The Emperor is planning to give a banquet to all officials of the fourth rank and above and their families at the end of the year, and the money will have to be paid by the palace Internal Affairs division. I'm not ashamed to say that the money available to the Internal Affairs Division is a bit stretched to support the entire palace, not to mention hosting the banquet. If I hadn't had no other choice, I wouldn't have come to trouble you.