Chapter 22.2

After reaching the Imperial Palace, Huangfu Jie skipped the unnecessary bureaucracy and handed over the tiger emblem, Emperor Sheng himself praised Huangfu Jie and rewarded many treasures in court. As for the real merits and rewards still to come, that night Emperor Sheng held a reception banquet in the imperial palace for the triumphant returning generals.

Zhang Ping, as a servant, is not qualified to attend the banquet. He waits outside the palace with the servants of other princes and ministers. The steward* of King of Ning's Residence also brought his servants to meet them. Zhang Ping recognized them, but they didn't notice Zhang Ping in the crowd. Zhang Ping was also too lazy to greet them. He had a chat with a servant of a minister nearby.

*)steward 管家, head of housekeeper and servants of the household

In the middle of the night, other people, even King Hui's chariot, had already left, only then he sees Huangfu Jie's late arrival.

Zhang Ping came forward to greet him.

The Steward, Yan Hong, quickly passed him and called out in great excitement, "Wangye! "

Huangfu Jie couldn't forget, although he hadn't seen him in six years, he knew who this person was after a quick glance. It's just that the person in front of him is more flattering and respectful, unlike how he was six years ago who was hiding up contempt and disrespect. Walking past the steward, Huangfu Jie smiles at Zhang Ping.

"You've been waiting a long time. The crown prince pulled me in to say something. "

"It's okay, I've been chatting with someone until now.I'm just a little hungry."

"Ha ha, I think Steward Yan should have prepared a banquet, go back and ask him to bring it up and let's have a few drinks."

"Good. "

The Steward didn't even recognize who Zhang Ping was at the moment, It was the attitude of King Ning that surprised him, how could their Wangye be so amiable to a eunuch? It was only later that he remembered that there had always been an attendant at the Wangye's side, It seemed that his name was Zhang Ping?

Wasn't that eunuch was slightly retarded? Why does he seem so normal now? Yan Hong, with a belly full of doubts, hurriedly asked the servant to light the lamp and welcome Huangfu Jie to the carriage.

Huangfu Jie pulled Zhang Ping along with him and sat in. Zhang Ping didn't find it strange either.。

In his bewilderment Yan Hong understand how to return to the mansion. He still needs to ask someone to drive a carriage back to the mansion.

King Ning residence is still so old.

But the old King Ning's Residence is different from that deserted courtyard more than six years ago. Now, Steward Yan is overwhelmed just by accepting gifts.

There was an endless stream of visitors. Up to the crown prince, down to the capital magistrate* . Huangfu Jie never refuses to come, and meet them all one by one.

King Ning Residence has an additional patron, surnamed Feng and character Yu Shan. This person likes to wear white clothes and has elegant demeanor, when he smiles, his eyes are curved and friendly.

Huangfu Jie would bring this patron with him every time he met a guest. In time, the man was known among the ministers. Later on, they heard from other generals that this Feng Yushan was the Ning King's military advisor after he became Commander-in-Chief. He took a huge part in King Ning's strategy to defeat the Xiongnu, So the name of Feng Yushan became even more well-known.

However most of the extra servants and guards in King Ning's residence were not noticed by anyone. King Ning made great merits upon his return, It is only natural that there are more servants in the house to serve him.