Chapter 3.1

This was the first time Zhang Ping had seen Huang Fu Jie.

A strange child. That was his first impression of him.

As they walked into the gloomy dark  room, that fourth prince was facing them with his back to the wall, kneeling straight

"This is the madam consort punishing him to face the wall so that he can learn to meditate. ''  Hong Xiu  explained softly in Zhang Ping's ear. 

"Your Highness, you turn around. I've brought someone for you to recognize."

Hearing Hong Xiu's tone of voice was so disrespectful  to the fourth prince, Zhang Ping was astonished.

"Your Servant Zhang Ping,His Highness the Fourth Prince.Your Highness, Long live." Zhang Ping kneeled to the back of the fourth prince and kowtowed in greeting.

Hong Xiu took a glance at Zhang Ping and didn't say anything more.

At the command of the Hong Xiu, the fourth prince turned around and looked over to this side. He was face-to-face with Zhang Ping, who had come to see him.

The fourth prince's gaze was strange as he looked at the teenager who had his head deeply crouched in front of him without speaking.

"Zhang Ping, lift your head.Your Highness, this eunuch is called Zhang Ping, and he will take care of your living in the future."

Zhang Ping raised his head as instructed, and as soon as he looked up, he saw a ....It was a shock, but thankfully he was brave enough not to do anything out of character.

Seeing that Zhang Ping's face only bubbled up with some surprise and did not look alarmed and frightened, Hong Xiu could not help but glance at him again. Even the fourth prince dropped his dead fish-like gaze on his face.

"Your servant Zhang Ping, kowtow to His Highness The Fourth Prince. " Zhang Ping saluted again.

"All right, Zhang Ping, you get up. Your Highness, continue.I'll take Zhang Ping out to be familiar with the place."

The fourth prince hadn't said a word since they came in, and after listening to Hong Xiu's instructions, he turned around and continued to face his wall. 

Hongxiu took Zhang Ping and told him where to put his daily necessities, and if he didn't understand anything, he could go directly to her. Finally , she took him to his room to look around.

His room was small and very shabby.  However, he has been sharing bed with his brothers since he was a child. He is still very happy to have a room of his own.

" After serving the fourth prince for dinner every day, you can eat in the palace dining hall with everyone. Take this sign with you, I'll have someone come and take you in the evening, after that, you can go and collect it yourself, it's fine to eat there, it's fine to bring the food back, the rest is not your concern. The fourth Prince's dine will be sent by the people from the imperial kitchen. Just remember to get it from the vice chief of the imperial kitchen, Chunlan  on time.

Hong Xiu said, tucking him a sign*.

"By the way, you won't have to take the Fourth Prince's meal today. In order for him to learn his lesson, Madam made him clear his belly for a day to purify his heart."

"Yes."

He was punished to kneel and forbidden to eat. For the sake of her son she was really cruel hearted, as expected she is worthy of her name the virtuous consort Xian Fei. Fortunately, his mother is not such a "virtuous" person. If he made mistakes and she would spank him at most. Thinking about it, Zhang Ping once again felt some sympathy for the fourth prince who looked terrible and gloomy at such a young age.

After Hong Xiu  finished her order and left, he tidied up his room slightly. He hang up the new eunuch outfit that had been issued to him today and  the rest of his shoes and socks, and a few personal items that he had been allowed to bring from home , he tucked up together in a well-worn wooden cabinet.

After being busy, He sat on the bed dazed for a moment.

A prince does not have a palace of his own, He lives with his mother, but he doesn't live in a beautiful palace. Instead, he lives in a small separate courtyard in the corner of the palace.

Perhaps he didn't quite understand what kind of arrangements the prince usually had. He was the only one serving, so no one would feel normal, no matter how you looked at it.

The attitude of Hong Xiu and other palace people was as if it is just as it is supposed to be.

No wonder they would let him as a newcomer to serve the prince. It wasn't a step into the sky he imagined, but a foot into the abyss. However, he have settled down now anyway.

Reaching out to feel between his legs, he is still a little un-accustomed to it. It hurt so much that he regretted it. If he knew that it would hurt so much after being castrated, he was afraid he would at least hesitate for a few more days.

He was just trying to be a good, filial son. He couldn't bear to put his family through difficulties, same for his brother and nieces and nephews.

Heroes aren't so easy to make. Zhang Ping lamented. But it would be worth it if the knife could help the family get through this difficult time.

He heard that he will never grow a beard again and his voice will never change again.Thankfully, it doesn't affect his height, but he wants to grow taller and stronger again.

He doesn't  want much,  so lets take it as it comes. The first thing he needs to do is to save more money in the palace, so that when he leaves the palace in the future, you won't have to worry about food and drink, and he can't really let his big brother support him,  he also wants to save money to redeem himself. His parents had told him to redeem himself no matter what.