Chapter 11.1

There is no moon in the sky, but it is strangely clear, and the sky is a deep blue-black in color.

The deep palace, the secluded garden, the hallways dotted with palace lanterns are horribly silent.

No one around, the huge palace floating with a kind of dark and strange atmosphere. Obviously It's not winter yet, but the palace and its garden are so grimly cold deterring people to walk near.

The water in the pool is faintly glistening as the men in the water struggle and the waves spread outward in circles, but it is quiet, Only the occasional gurgle of people drinking water could be heard.

"Thank you. Don't you think this mask suits me well ?" He smiled. He knew too well what effect his smiling face would bring to people in the middle of the night.

Huang Fu Liu poked his head out, his wide-open eyes instantly filled with fear.

"You ... glug glug!"

He reached out and pressed the pretty face into the water again.

Over and over again, as soon as the delicate Sixth Prince's head floated up to his nose, he pressed against him to let him catch his breath, then press him down again.

"Do you remember when you kicked me into the water like this? Thanks to you, now it's not so easy for anyone who wants to drown me."

Oh, he had wanted to hear him beg for mercy, but he didn't want to be found by the patrolling guards, so he didn't let him have a chance to speak. But the boy's fearful eyes, pleading tears, and desperately struggling helplessness also pleased him.

Watching his pretty face twist from fear , his mood became very good.

The eldest prince and the second prince were appointed as king* and leave the palace a few years ago.

*king/vasal king=wang , title bestowed for prince after leaving a palace

Ever since the eldest prince was ordained out of the palace, the admonition* of the court to Emperor Sheng that the Crown Prince should be established early was never broken. Emperor Sheng's attitude has never been clear.

Most of the ministers in the court, headed by the prime minister, Wei Qingzi, supported the establishment of the eldest as the crown prince*, but some people are optimistic about the second prince and some even support the sixth prince.

The sixth prince's mother, De Fei, is the daughter of the important minister, Sinongqing. Her eldest brother, who held the post as Changle commandant of the Guards of the Forbidden Guards, was highly respected by Emperor Sheng and was specifically responsible for the security of his chambers at Changle Palace.

The reasoning of those who support the Sixth Prince is simple: His Majesty has been slow to appoint a crown prince, but haven't he always been doting on the Sixth Prince?

Indeed, Emperor Sheng's fondness for the Sixth prince was well known to all. But will he pass over the elder in favour of the younger because of his love for the sixth son, no one can figure out the divine will, not even the eunuch Hu Rong, who served for the emperor daily.

However, it is true that the emperor has rejected the proposal to appoint the eldest son as the crown prince again and again.

Could it be that Emperor Sheng was waiting for the Sixth Prince to grow up, intending to make him the Crown Prince when he has power to fight with the Grand Prince?

The moment this doubt came out, a number of people immediately agreed.

The grand prince faction was naturally a little flustered. Even the empress couldn't help but knock on the side* of Emperor Sheng.