Extra Story 1 part 3

After the palace maid served the lunch, they gradually retreated one by one, leaving only two of them in the huge palace.

Emperor Pingwu had many eccentricities in his life. One of his eccentricities was that he didn't like being served in his meals. Not only did he not like to be waited on during meals, but he did not like anyone to come near him when he was dressing or bathing, except for Zhang Gonggong.

The palace people all thought that Zhang Gonggong worked hard and had to do everything, but they didn't know that...

The food on the table is not abundant unlike the luxury and extravagance expected of royalty.

"Have some soup to warm up your stomach first," he said. Huangfu Jie used a jade bowl to serve a relatively light looking bowl of medicinal soup and handed it to Zhang Ping.

Zhang Ping took it, took a sip and smacked his lips, "It tastes a bit strange. What did you have put in it? "

"I had them pound the ginger and sprinkle it in the soup."

Zhang Ping pushed the jade bowl far away, "I just said why the smell is so choking.

You clearly know that I don't like to eat ginger, but you still made it into a paste, How do you want me to drink it? "

"You used to make ginger soup for me when I was sick. I didn't like it, but you forced me to."

Zhang Ping didn't look guilty at all, "That's for sure, otherwise how would you get well so quickly.

He took a piece of fish and stuffed it into his mouth to wash away the taste of ginger, then said., "after all, he's your grandfather, and he's old. It's not right to leave him standing in front of the upper study, is it? At least give him a place to rest his feet."

Huangfu Jie ignored him and scooped up a bowl of the medicinal soup from earlier himself and drank it down in one gulp.

"Spicy or not? Zhang Ping couldn't help but admire him from the bottom of his heart when he saw how he drank it without changing his face. A pervert is a pervert, even the way he could drink ginger soup is better than others.

"Yeah." Huangfu Jie frowned. He also doesn't like drinking ginger soup, but he doesn't want to get sick either. If he becomes ill because of Zhang Ping,he is afraid that his "love" life will not be easy.

Zhang Ping's heart softened and he served him a bowl of rice and gave a few pieces of heavily flavoured dishes to put on the plate in front of him.

Huangfu Jie held his bowl and ate slowly.

It was not that these two men did not know the royal etiquette, on the contrary they had learnt it more profoundly than anyone else and used to be afraid that someone would pick on them in terms of etiquette.

But they both love the feeling of eating together, around a table, leaning together, eating and chatting. You give me a bite of food, I give you a sip of soup.

Etiquette and norms are things that, if you learn them from a young age. become deeply ingrained in your bones and become a habit. So even if the two of them are eating and chatting like an ordinary couple, the aura that comes out from their bones is still very different from the ordinary people.

"Do you want someone to take him to lunch first? 」

Huangfu Jie glanced at him and said nothing.

"I'll take my medicine after I've eaten." That's all.

With a twist of his chopsticks, Huangfu Jie put a piece of marinated red rib into Zhang Ping's bowl.

Zhang Ping was fond of meat. After a visual inspection, he saw that the rib was the biggest one on the plate. He was so happy that he picked up the chopsticks and stuffed the rib into his mouth.