Chapter 10

Although Emperor Sheng said that he would give Yang Zhaorong's mother and son an explanation, but after finding out that Lu Wei was given by the great prince to the fifth prince, the matter was settled without a conclusion.

However in order to appear like they got a confession on the surface, the emperor still arrested several former enemies of the Yang's family. He forced a confession from them that they bribed Lu Wei, the servant beside the fifth prince for revenge, and intended to assassinate the fifth prince, so as to give the Yang family a huge blow

After hearing this explanation Yang Zhaorong knew that was not the case, but she had to accept it as well. The fifth prince seemed a bit unconcerned. He was only very happy that emperor Sheng had come to see him several times.

After that, those confessors died naturally. They died very quickly, didn't even wait to be beheaded after autumn.

And the one who has benefited from this incident was probably the fourth prince, Huang Fu Jie

Because the fifth prince personally testified that the fourth prince rescued him, Emperor Sheng himself wanted to reward the ugly son. On that day, Emperor Sheng was in such a good mood that he called Huang Fu Jie and asked him what he wanted for his reward.

Huang Fu Jie looked truly frightened, kneeling on the ground and respectfully saying, "Royal Father, this son* doesn't want anything. I didn't think of anything that day. Seeing that the servant wanted to kill my fifth brother, my head rushed up at the first heat. This son really didn't mean to save his fifth brother."

"Well, it is a fact that you saved him no matter how. If you don't want anything, I will give you some gold and silver and some palace maids. What do you think?"

"Royal Father, this son, don't want gold and silver, nor palace maids. If the father really wants to reward, then give this son a horse" Huang Fu Jie said boldly.

"Oh? Why do you want a horse? He thought that the boy would brazenly demand an exorbitant price* of some precious things, but he asked not to have gold or silver, not a Palace maid, but only a horse. This request obviously aroused the interest of Emperor Sheng.

"Because..." Huang Fu Jie embarrassedly snapped his fingers. With a naive smile he said : "Because this son wants to kill my enemies in the future and defend this great land for my father. This son knows that I'm ugly, but if I was in a military camp full of men, no one would be so afraid of me."

"Ha ha!" Huang Fu Sheng was amused by his fourth son's childish words, and at the same time, he felt a little sad.

"Good! I'll give you a horse. In addition, I will give you a mask. In the future, if you wear the mask I give you, no one will be frightened by your appearance."

"Thank you royal father for your gift" Huang Fu Jie knelt down and kowtowed.

"I have one more thing to ask you." Huang Fu Sheng asked with a seemingly casual expression.

"Royal Father please say it, this son will answer if he knows"

"That day at the Wuchen courtyard, how can you swing that single-backed sword which weighs six catty and three taels*"

Huang Fu Jie didn't speak, but looked around, finally dropping his gaze on the marble-encrusted partition.

"Father, can you let this son try to move that partition?"

"Oh? Can you move it?" Huang Fu Sheng's gaze fell on that partition, it seems like it has some weight.

"This son would like to try."

"Okay, you try it."

"Thank you Royal Father"

Huang Fu Jie got up and go to the front of the partition , the partition was wider so he shouldn't try too hard. After thinking for a while, Huangfu Jie squatted down and hugged the screen from the side.