Chapter 4

Author's note: I want to tell you guys that I made an instagram account to tell you when I'll be publishing my chapters. Please go and follow it. I hope you'll also like this chapter. Please vote, comment and share.

@kava_fanfiction

Lots of love, Maya.

Kabir's pov

"The business mafia Vansh Raisinghania?" Mishra asked with an amazed expression.

"Yes. Virendra Shekhawant's business friend."

"So you think he killed Neha?"

I nodded.

"That means he might be his partner in the illegal weapon supply racket?"

"I really don't know." I sighed. "But for now I'm sure that he is Neha's murderer."

Months back we got a tip that business tycoon Virendra Shekhawant is involved in an illegal racket of weapon supply. I was in charge of this case investigation. And it's been a long year of inquiry and interrogation. However me and my team failed to get any strong proof that could prove him guilty. So we decided to send our department's best cop on a secret mission to get inside information. But now that she is no more, we are again with empty hands. Not to add that we now have Neha's murder case to solve.

"Have you got the CCTV camera's recording of the building, Mishra?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Great. Try to get the required permissions from the court to start the investigation against Vansh Raisinghania."

"Yes, sir!" He picked his file and went to his work as I asked him to do.

I know it's not gonna be easy to get a person like Vansh behind the bars but at least we can file a proper case against him.

After a few hours I got a call from Mishra informing that he couldn't get the permissions.

"They are demanding for substantial proof that can prove Vansh the person who is leaving the scene."

"Which other proof do they need? It can be clearly seen that the guy is none other than Vansh!" I smashed my hand on the table. I knew it was going to be difficult to arrest him but didn't know I had to fight against the authorities to just file a case.

"Ok. Go to the crime scene with team B and try to find something. Also interrogate the staff and see if it helps to get further proofs."

"Okay, sir. Jai Hind"

"Jai Hind!"

I couldn't let go of Vansh Raisinghania. He killed my colleague and one the best cop that our department had. I don't care what it'll take to get justice for Neha, but I am ready to break every rule. Even if I have to go against my own department I won't hesitate to.

While thinking about Neha, my mind drifted towards Vansh's arrogant face and his superior behaviour. How can a person be so full of himself? He behaved like he owned the world.

And his tone, the look that he gave me, the little smirk that he carried while answering me questions. UGH! So very annoying!

And apart from that, the idea of me losing against him was continuously haunting me. Years of training, years of hard work were nothing in front of him. Just a little effort from him was enough to defeat me. Not that I didn't give him a hard time but at the end I was the one who was hospitalized for a whole day, even though I didn't pay the bill.

Wait! I totally forgot about the anonymous donor. Who could have been? I will go to the hospital and ask if they knew anything about him, in that way I'll be able to thank that good soul.