Chapter 18

Kabir's pov

I picked the stick I used to play and came back to the idiots. I reared back with the pool stick and bashed it across the guy's chest, knocking him from his feet and the breath from his lungs. The guy stumbled backward, narrowly missing my table but reached out to grab the edge of it to keep him on his feet. Before the guy could get up, I was on top of him, standing over him, raining my fists down on his face. The other guy jumped on me from behind, grabbing me around the neck to pull me off his friend. Then I grabbed on him, beating the side of his face and pushed him away from us. Then got out of hold of the guy under me easily, swung around behind him and kicked him square in the back, sending him onto the floor face-first.

The next turn was of the other prick. He was trying to get up, but his bad that I was there to hit him with my foot on his stomach. I pulled him up with his collar and bent myself to his level. "Next time ask the person what their business is before telling them to mind it." Then I pulled my fist to punch him on his very undone face but someone stopped me. Pulled my arm from the grab, turned to hit the person behind but stopped just in time when I recognized who it was.

"What the hell are you doing?" Vansh asked through his teeth, with a straight face.

"They were misbehaving..." I was interrupted by the two bouncers. Giving me a very clear look that says to get-the-hell-out-of-here. Where the freak were they when two fools were disturbing a poor girl. I opened my mouth to give them a lesson but Vansh grabbed my hand and pulled me from there. While leaving I searched for the girl but she was gone.

Once out, Vansh looked me straight into the eyes. I had enough of his unasked questions. "What?" I hissed.

"What was that for?"

"They were misbehaving with a girl."

"You could have informed the security about that instead of putting yourself in an ugly fight." he was acting like a rich brat. Oh sorry sorry, he was a rich brat.

"They requested me to mind my business and that's what I did. And sorry to break it to you but I'm a cop. So I really didn't need to go to the security, I am supposed to take action." I busted. "Oh the ugly fight part. I am afraid again that it's very common for me to beat shit out of douchebags like them." I was breathless.

He borrowed his eyes and pulled my arm again. I didn't realize that he was still holding it all the time. I followed him like an obedient child. We stopped in front of a door. He extracted the keycard from pocket and punched it. The room...no no it was a suite. A luxurious suite. The self consciousness hit me hard, and I found myself sitting on a king sized bed. Five people could comfortably fit on that bed and this guy infront of me was the only one using it. He extended his hand. I gave him a doubtful expression. I looked around to search the object that he was asking for.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Your hand, Kabir."

"Hmm?"

He sighed again and took my hand in his hand. He put the ointment on my knuckles. Oh like that. I was so used to scars and wounds that it didn't occur to me to give them some attention. And no one medicated me. The gesture was so thoughtful in itself that it left me speechless. No one cared that much about me...until now. My eyes started to burn. Oh shit! Was I about to cry? No! I composed myself back and watched Vansh. He was too concentrated in putting the ointment on my hand. He seemed angry. "You pissed?"

"Why should I be pissed?" he put the tube and banded my hand.

"Asking." I smiled. "Thanks." I finally pronounced.

"For what?"

For the invitation to play pool table, for this peaceful evening, for paying attention to tiny details, for being with me even if as an enemy. "For this." I said at the end indicating my hand.

He nodded and went to put the first aid kit on it's palace. When he came back he was smirking. "You won tonight."

"Oh yes! And you have to spend a day with me in formal clothes." I was so happy at the thought of winning against him.

"You already know when I'm supposed to be a normal guy? Because I have to fit it in my working schedule."

"As I wasn't completely honest with you, I give you the chance to decide the day by yourself."

"Alright then, Angre will inform you of the date."

"Uh-huh."I tried to suppress my laughter but couldn't so I burst out laughing.I was so damn right on the brat part.

"What happened?" He was so clueless.

"You're so pampered that you can't even pick a day and call me by yourself to let me know?"

"I am not supposed to know my schedule by heart and I have an assistant that fixes meetings for me."

"Yeah but this not a business meeting, it's a day-out with a frien..." I stopped before completing my sentence.

His lips extended into a full smile. "Day-out with a friend, huh?"

"I mean to say..." Nothing came to my mind to justify my mistake.

"It's okay, Kabir, we could be friends. I don't mind which planet you are from, I accept you as you're."

"Ha-ha-ha very funny." I faked laughter. I was enjoying the way the things were going with a smooth flow between us. The teasing Vansh was much, much better than the egoistic Vansh.

"I should go now." I finally convinced myself.

"Oh no no. True friends do a sleep-over."

"Yeah yeah, next time for sure, for now I need to be home."

We both laughed as stupid college buddies. Like we knew each other from ages and used to do all this from always.

I walked to the door and tried to open it but couldn't figure out how. Vansh Came and helped me. "Here you go." he opened the door for me.

"Thanks, see you around."

The next day I decided to go to breakfast on time as I wasn't trying to avoid anyone. When I reached the Sitting Room I recognized a girl sitting alone. I didn't want to go over there but you know as the people say "The curiosity kills the cat" so that's what I did. But when I was going to her she stood up and went to the edge, to admire the view I guess.

I followed her. "Hey." I said from behind.

She suddenly turned into shock.

"Sorry, sorry, did I scare you?"

"Yes a little bit but it's okay." she said catching her breath.

"Are you okay? As in what happened last night. Did they hurt you in any way. Because if yes let me know, they won't get an easy way."

She opened her mouth to answer but a male voice came out. "Kabir?" I was shocked to hear that heavy voice from a girl. I looked at her with a stunned face. Then she signed behind me with her chin, as she noticed my surprise. I turned and found him standing behind me. Oh, so it wasn't her voice.

Please VOTE, COMMENT your opinions and/or questions and SHARE.                                          Lots of love, Maya.