Chapter 25 (Vansh's POV)

Vansh's pov

Never thought that I'll be spending a day with a cop as a normal person. But that's not the most important thing. The main thing is: I'm having fun. Kabir is fun. I've never enjoyed myself this much with someone who's not family.

This day, till now, has been fantastic. I've been to Kabir's house, which wasn't how I imagined it to be: it was a single house. You know it's already quite difficult to find a house in an apartment in this area, let alone a single house. I had problems at the beginning, you know, there weren't any napkins when I was having breakfast. He was also making fun of me because I shaved my beard, and I was looking quite young for my age. But other than that, it was fabulous. We went to have a round at the market, and when he wore those aviators... Oh, My!... he was looking so good, that I couldn't but stare at him, and it was quite embarrassing getting caught while doing it.

It was a nice experience. And I also helped some aunties and got scolded by some vendors because I was interfering with their business, which from Kabir's point of view was hilarious. And during this round, I kept glancing at him. He was so irresistible. With his cop attitude, yellow aviators... He was perfection.

Now we were heading to Mahim Beach. I never went there, and Kabir's company was making the journey more exciting.

When we arrived there, there were many people... it was so crowded!

"Hm... Kabir... it's so crowded here."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Let's go to the cemetery and see if the people lying there are behaving," he said sarcastically.

"That's not what I meant. What I meant was that here are many people and I don't have my bodyguards."

He rubbed my shoulder in fake consolation, said "That's a pity..." he then straightened his T-shirt and continued "... But look at the bright side, kid... You have the service of a very good and fearless cop who's ready to die in case anyone wanted to kidnap you and make you one of the children who ask for money on the streets."

"Does this really happen?" I asked, shocked about what he just said.

"That's every day's story... kids getting kidnapped, sold, or they are made doing illegal stuff."

I didn't know what to say. Life is very different outside.

"But now, let's get back to work."

We walked around and after a while, we saw a girl and a boy fighting... well, the girl was shouting at him for something.

Kabir came closer to me and whispered in my ear, making my heart skip a beat, "I bet 20 RS that she'll slap him."

What?!? "Kabir... Aren't you supposed to stop the fight?"

"Yes, but in case the things get worse or if he's harassing her."

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Just wait..." he said, watching the two people.

I nodded my head.

After some seconds it happened... She slapped him!

"And now I'm going," he said while getting closer to them. I followed him.

"Is there any problem here?"

The girl gave him a very scary glare, took the poor guy by his wrist, and answered rudely, "Mind your business." Kabir stared at her, not expecting the reaction.

I didn't like her behavior towards him.

"Hey. He was trying to help. And he was just doing his business as a responsible cop."