Chapter 2

Long author's note: First things first I want to thank all the readers 😍😍 who read the book and the ones who voted my chapters. 💓💓💓 In the first chapter, I added some photos I forgot to add yesterday.🙈 So please go and check the first chapter. And finally I hope that you guys will also like this chapter. Feel free to comment, and let me know your opinions. Lots of love, Maya. 😘    

P.S. Who likes Vansh's socks?                                                                                                                           

Kabir's pov

I started to take a look around to see if he was nearby, and saw a shadow moving. I slowly walked where I saw the person moving, with my gun pointed at that direction, and found him standing there, waiting for me.

The first thing I noticed when I saw him was: I have seen him somewhere before. So I took a look at him. He was quite a tall man with black hair, longer in the middle settled with gel and shorter in both of the sides, brown piercing eyes, and shaped and thick beard. From his attire he seemed a very powerful man: black shirt under a black blazer with a purple muffler with black flowers on it, matched with black slim fit trousers, and a pair of black loafers.

He gave me a strange look, the who-the-hell-are-you kind of look.

So I extracted my Identity Card to show him. " Inspector Kabir Sharma, Mumbai Police." I stand there waiting for him to present himself. But nothing. He stood there, with a neutral look on his face. So I asked "And you?"

"Vansh Raisinghania." he said with an authoritative and husky voice. "What can I do for you Inspector?"

"Where are you coming from, Mr. Raisinghania?"

"Allow me to ask you, Inspector." he said with a sarcastic tone "Why do you want to know?"

"At the building where you were attending the party, a girl fell from the roof and died. And you are the only person who escaped from the crime scene. So this means that you are my first suspect."

"My exit was just a coincidence, Inspector."

"Okay. If it was a coincidence, as you say, why did you leave the building?"

"I had no desire to stay there."

I sighed. This was more difficult than I thought. He was so full of himself, he had a high-and-mighty look. I couldn't stand him.

"So just get to the point. I think you pushed her down."

"What makes you think that?" he said with an arrogant smile. "Do you have any proof?"

I remained silent.

"Or witnesses?"

"No, I don't. But I will prove it that you were there with her."

"You see Inspector. If we were the only one there, and she died, there are no witnesses. Because when one of the two witnesses is no more, there is no chance of any eye witness.                              So Inspector, no proof, no witnesses, means no case."

"Mmmm, if i'm not wrong, I never mentioned that you two were alone. Therefore, you admit that you were only there with her."

"Oh. I. Disagree." he said with a little pause between the words."I never admitted that I was there, I just supposed the scenario."

Ugh, he was getting on my nerves now.

"I make it easy for you, Inspector. I was there when she fell. But, as i said before, you can't do anything, because it can be an accident. Just a simple and plain accident."

I knew it!

He killed my colleague. How dare he think that he will get away with it.

"Mr. Raisingania, the same scene here." I pointed the gun at him. "You and me. And no one else. If I shoot you, now, There will be no witnesses, no proof, so as you said no case."

I smirked.

"I dare you to shoot, Inspector Kabir." He challenged me full of confidence.

"Aren't you afraid of death?"

"No. Maybe death is afraid of me, that if she comes too close to me, without my permission, I can get offended."

I can't tolerate him anymore!!! So I put my gun back in the holster.

"Ok, no weapons. We do it hand to hand, like real men."

"Sorry, Inspector. You have to be ready to lose, because I am used to winning every single time."

After that everything was blurry. We started throwing punches to hit each other as hard as possible. At a certain point he kicked me, and the sudden impact caught me off guard. I stumbled back and hit the back of my head in a cargo, and fell.

I'm ashamed but I admit that I was the one who was losing, because he didn't have more than two bruises on his face.

When the realization hit me, I tried to get up, but I was weak and my head was throbbing.

He came closer, and lowered himself to be on level. He looked straight in my eyes and said "Told you, Inspector, that you were playing with fire. Now, do you want me to call someone and inform them about your condition?."

I tried to speak but couldn't, because I didn't have the strength to form words, so I just groaned in pain. I didn't need help. At least not from a criminal like him.

After that he smiled at me, straightened himself and smoothed the wrinkles on his clothes and left me there.

I was losing blood from the back of my head. The world started to spin and I lost my consciousness. But not before hearing the ambulance's siren's sound.

As you would have noticed, I used some of the dialogues from the episode, but I put my touch in them.

I hope you'll like it.

Please vote, comment and share.